"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, October 16, 2021

a couple more cards...

 Hello!  Popping in with a couple of cards today.  I got my Spellbinders Glimmer club kit for October the other day and I could not wait to fire up my Glimmer machine and create a card!  I hadn't used my September Glimmer club kit yet so I combine the two along with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches

I also did some embossing with this card.  I normally leave my background panel plain, but I decided to pull out the Spellbinders Falling Leaves embossing folder to jazz up my background.  I foiled all the images twice using Polished Brass foil, die cut with the matching dies and colored with Copic markers.  I should have colored everything before I did the diecutting, but it turned out in the end.  The sentiment and banner are from the September Glimmer club kit and I used kraft cardstock for the foiling.  I like how it turned out.  I assembled the banner and then adhered everything to the embossed panel.  I finished with tons of sparkly red gems from the Spellbinder Color Mix Red essentials gem pack.  

The second card is for Color Throwdown.  During Simon Says Stamp's Stamptember celebration I was able to pick up the SSS/Concord & 9th collaborative stamp and die set called Double the Thanks.  I really liked the uniqueness of the stamp set.  I stamped the two part thank you in dark brown and kraft, die cut it and adhered it to a white cardstock base.  I then tried to find an ink that I might have that was more on the green side of turquoise to stamp the sentiment and the leaves, but couldn't quite come up with one.  Oh well... that happens sometimes, right?  I added those to my card and it was done.



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two wonderful cards! Your FMS card is GORGEOUS.. WWCD!!!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is a stunning card! The colours are so vibrant and stand out so nicely against the white! Love that embossed background as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

TK said...

Wow, these are great, Rosemary, I absolutely ADORE that first stunning card, and the colors of your second card are perfect for the CAS sentiment!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh those mushrooms! Gorgeous fall colors! You make such pretty cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous fall scene, Rosemary! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Wanda Cullen said...

Both cards are so gorgeous! Always love seeing your CTD creations in the gallery!

Greta said...

Great cards, Rosemary! I love the embossing folder you used & your foiled/colored images are beautiful!