"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 3, 2021

more leaves...

 What can I say?  It's fall... there are leaves falling and I love leaves!  So here is another card featuring leaves.  October 2nd was world cardmaking day and I did spend some of the day making cards.  One that failed spectacularly  and the one I'm sharing.  Turned out pretty nice I think! 

I used the colors from Color Throwdown (I already entered the card there through Instagram) and the layout from Freshly Make Sketches.  Originally I was going to use the leave die from the Concord & 9th Thankful Leaves Turnabout stamp and die set, but the leaf was just too big to have two of them on my card front.  I suppose I could have made the card 5x7, but I generally don't do cards that big.   Then I took a look at my Grand Leaf Trio die set.  This is one of my most favorite die sets and I use it all through out the year!  I pulled out some watercolor paper and my Altenew 12 pan watercolor set and created to areas of color that combined the CTD colors.  I made on area yellow/brown and the other purple/green.  It was hard to keep the purple and green from getting too muddy, but in the it worked!  Once everything was dry I die cut the leaves, my panel and adhered the leaves.  The sentiment is from Sweet Sunflower stamp set.   I heat embossed it in gold on vellum, trimmed it down and adhered it to the leaves.  I finished with some sparkling clear sequins.  Going to add this to the SSS world cardmaking day link up and to the SSS Wednesday challenge


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

It turned out more than nice, it's fabulous! Love the colors and the clear sequins you sprinkled on. Pretty card, Rosemary!

TK said...

Fantastically fall! Love the colors, the gold embossing on vellum -- very nice

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very Beautiful Rosemary, I love the colours, especially the green and purple, also the vellum, just gorgeous.
Faith x

Greta said...

Beautiful leaves & love this card!