"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Spellbinders All Aboard Card Kit Blog Hop!

(Please check out my A Jillian Vance Design blog post here.)

 Hello everyone!  Welcome to the Spellbinders All Aboard card kit blog hop!  You should have arrived from the blog of Jennifer Kotas.   If you want to start at the beginning please head to the Spellbinders blog.  As I indicated this is a blog hop to share more inspiration using the limited edition All Aboard card kit.   And since this is a blog hop there are prizes to be won!  Spellbinders will be picking three winners from all the comments left on the Spellbinder blog. Commenting ends on Sunday, October 3rd at 11:59 pm.   Each winner will receive a $25 gift certificate! 




For my card I wanted to show that you can definitely use this kit to create something other than a holiday type project.   I used the die set to create a card for my little nephew, Max.  He will be three soon and like a lot of little boys he loves Thomas the Tank Engine.  So I decided to create my little engine and the little car in the color way of Thomas the Tank Engine which is red and blue with some touches of black and gold.    It took me a while to figure out how I would do my background, but I finally settled on a some light blue cardstock from the kit that I very lightly stenciled with some clouds.   I have a photo below where you can see the clouds better.  For the track I used just as simple strip of black cardstock.   I die cut all the pieces from blue, red and black and then assembled the train and cart.  There are dies in the set to create trees so I die cut the parts from two shades of green cardstock (from the kit) and a scrap of brown and then assembled them.  They were adhered as you see.  I popped up Thomas on the card front with foam tape.  I finished off my Thomas with a gold glitter #1.   The one came from the sheet of foam glitter alpha stickers in the kit.  I simply trimmed it down to fit on the train.   Packages in green and dark blue with gold metallic bows were added to the cart.   The sentiment is from the Spellbinders May stamp of the month.  I personalized the card using the foam glitter alpha stickers from the kit.  


This photo shows the stenciled background.   I think Max will really love this Thomas the Tank Engine inspired card.   Your next stop on the hop is Jenny Colacicco.    You can pick up the All Aboard card kit here.   I hope you enjoyed my project today.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the hop!

24 comments:

cindy said...

Adorable birthday card, so hard to find something different for boys. Thanks for the idea to use the Christmas train for other purposes. I especially love putting their age number on the train! :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Rosemary, this is an awesome card, I LOVE the train as I'm sure Max will, what a card for his parents to put away and treasure for him. I love it.
Faith x

Lisa Saxe said...

I love seeing alternate ideas for this kit! It really makes me think about so many other kits and how they can work year round!

Karenladd said...

Love that this train die can be used all through the year for so many occasions. What an adorable birthday card.

Sra. Spitzer said...

As a very close family member's bday is ON XMAS and he has always felt a little slighted, I can say how impt it is to get a bday around this time of year just right -- it has to be a little bigger than a birthday at other times to make it feel just as special. I'm probably saying that poorly, but I am thinking that if your relative got your incredible choo-choo card, he would surely feel very special. Love the colors you used. Love that you made a bday card and not a Xmas card w/ the items from this kit -- shows versatility. Well done!!

Cyndi said...

Wonderful, sweet card. I've fallen in love with that adorable train!

Tammy Ullman said...

Fabulous job of changing the train from Christmas to Birthday!

Unknown said...

Love this set with the train. I must get it. Love all your cards as I went browsing. Beautiful work.

Cherry Blossom said...

So cute!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little train! This is fun!

Mary Williams said...

Train is so versatile! Love that die!

Lauryne Cunningham said...

What a cute birthday card! I love how you personalized it with the gold letters!

Marylin said...

This so cute! My 5 yr. old grandson would love this!

Ms. Tamp said...

Nice project and idea share from the kit.

Greta said...

Absolutely love how you used the kit to make a BD card personalized for Max! So creative & cute!

Lisa said...

Awwwww!!!! Happy Birthday to Max!!!

Peggy said...

Great birthday card, love the train! Thanks for sharing.

Golda said...

So smart to make a birthday card and show that the kit can be used for more than just Christmas!

Stampin2day said...

I love how you made it into a Birthday card simply be changing the color scheme! Great idea and Beautiful card!

L said...

What a special card for your Nephew!
He will LOVE his special train card and will have a memorable keep sake.
Thanks for sharing.

Sharon in California said...

Inspiring, and I love that it's masculine. The boys far outnumber girls in our family so I'm always looking for ideas. Thanks!

Mary Holshouser said...

Sweet card. Max will appreciate
and love it. thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

PageR said...

Way to maximize the collection. Birthday, yay!

Denise Bryant said...

The train is just adorable! Fun card!