"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

happy national coffee day!

 Hello everyone!  Today is national coffee day and that means that the Coffee Loving Cardmakers are hosting a blog hop of sponsors over on their blog.  A Jillian Vance Design is a super sponsor and if you head over to the AJVD blog you can enter to win a $20 gift certificate to the AJVD store!  Normally on Wednesdays I post my project over on the AJVD blog, but today is a little different.  I will be posting my card here (and over on the AJVD blog) with all the details as to how I created my card.   So lets get started!



I used a lot of different AJVD products on my card!  I started with the coffee bean background from the  Brewed to Perfection stamp set.  I stamped the image on kraft cardstock with dark brown ink, die cut it with a rectangle die and then inked the edges with Gathered Twigs distress oxide ink.  I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps for my card and so I die cut  orange and yellow cardstock per elements in the sketch and inked them with distress oxide inks in Mustard Seed (yellow) and Ripe Persimmon (orange).  I layered those on my coffee bean background.  I stamped the mug from Hug in a Mug on red cardstock with dark brown ink and then added some shading with a dark red Copic marker.  The mug was then cut with the matching die.   I stamped the pumpkin image from the Hug in a Mug on white cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and then colored with Copic markers.  I cut the image with the matching die.   The sentiment (from the Pumpkin Spice stamp set) was stamped on kraft cardstock with VersaFine Acorn ink, die cut it with a label die and then inked the edges.   I popped up the mug on the card front, added the sentiment and then popped up the pumpkin.   Also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.

A Jillian Vance Design products used:


Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to head over to the AJVD blog to enter to win a $20 gift certificate and have a lovely day!

6 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Loving you coffee card, Great coloring on the pumpkin. Love the Hug In a Mug Stamp Set. Happy National Coffee Day!

Heather said...

So cute, and the perfect card for this time of year - it's pumpkin spice season! I was just munching on my pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds from Trader Joe's last night lol. Great card! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous card and makes me wonder what pumpkin spice tastes like. ;D
I love the pumpkin on the mug and the coffee bean background.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you've layered this! What a delightful card, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Oh what a cute card, Rosemary! I love the background & your coloring!

Stef Perry said...

Reminds me that fall approaches and the wonderful pumpkin spice coffee weather is here in many places in the US. Such a fun card with the coffee bean background and darling pumpkin adorning the pretty red coffee cup. It's always great to see your card in our gallery Rosemary! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!