"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, September 18, 2021

clean and simple cards...

 Hello!  Popping in with two clean and simple cards today.  First up is a card for Color Throwdown, Freshly Made Sketches and the Pinkfresh Studios monthly challenge.   The idea to use my Pinkfresh ink cubes for my squares came from my friend, Greta.  She shared a card on Instagram where she used ink cubes to add squares of color.  I thought it would be perfect for the layout of Freshly Made Sketches.  I initially tried it with just pressing the colors on to scrap cardstock, but I didn't like that everything came out a little too wonky.  So I decided to press the colors (Sapphire, Slumber and Key Lime) on to white cardstock and die cutting with a small square Spellbinders dies.  I layered the squares on to a white cardstock panel and then added the sentiment (from a very old Pinkfresh Studio stamp set) and then added the leafy branch die cut from orange glitter cardstock.   I also added white crystal gems from the Spellbinders Essentials Crystal mix gems pack and the little white baker's twine bow.   And yes... I stuck faithfully to the sketch!  Sometimes when you have an idea that is a good as this one you just need to go with it!





This next card is for the MFT Design Superstar challenge.  I love creating clean and simple cards and so I had to play along with the challenge.  I used the MFT Spread Your Wings mini stamp set and matching dies.  I stamped 3 of the butterflies in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colors with Copic markers in shades of blue-green.   After coloring and die cutting the butterflies I added some silver Nuvo Crystal Drops to the bodies of the butterflies as well as little dots on the wings.  Then I figured out how I wanted to arrange the butterflies on my card front.  I used two retired MFT die sets (Mini Stitched Scalloped rectangles and ovals) for the main panel and the small oval.  I was going to use a light gray panel, but decided to go with all white in the background so the butterflies would pop.  I arranged them in a manner that draws in your eye and adhered them to the card front along with the sentiment.  I almost added more dots of the Nuvo drops, but decided that in this case less is more!



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

11 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous cards, Rosemary! Just love your take on the sketch with the colorful squares tied together with the leafy sprig on card one! And such a feminine butterfly card with the scalloped layers!!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--would you believe I made a card for FMS using my cubes?! Just have to get it posted. I adore your entry with the colors & branch & gems! My card looks very different. The MFT card is CAS perfection--beautiful!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is an awesome sketch and both your cards use it so well! Always love seeing your beautiful entries in the Throwdown gallery!

Lisa Elton said...

Those little cubes are super cute! And your MFT challenges card... oh my goodness what a beauty ~ love it!

TK said...

You're right, the ink cubes make a spectacular display of the colors and layout. And your second card? Simply stunning!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the idea from Greta and I'm sure at some stage, I may even case your cards ;D. Love the leaves on it too. As for your second gorgeous card, I love the design and the fabulous butterflies. Gorgeous cards as always Rosemary.
Faith x

Broni said...

I love how you used the CTD colors! Such a delicate, beautiful design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What a gorgeous design, Rosemary. I love how you used ink cubes to add squares of color. It's a very simple but so striking and artsy way to interpret the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! Your FMS card is such a great look and so very clever! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Whoop Whoop, I just saw you won at FMS with this card. Congratulations.

TK said...

Congrats! I see you've won a couple times over with your "ink cube" squares -- wonderful!