"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, September 27, 2021

autumn blessings

 Hello!  I hope your week is getting off to a good start.   I'm popping in with a quick post to share a card that I made for the Inspired By challenge.   Inspired By always has really fun inspiration photos and sketches.  Over the last few months I have often wanted to play along with their challenges, but due to other commitments I have not had the time.  But this weekend I was able to find that time... YAY! 


I love leaves and especially leaves during the fall.  I have several different die sets that I can use to die cut leaves.  For this card I used the BotaniCuts Mighty Oak die set from the Greetery along with sentiments from the Bittersweet stamp set from the Greetery.  I started by laying down water on watercolor cardstock and then adding in yellow, red and brown using Nuvo Aqua Flow watercolor pens.  I blended the colors to my liking and then dried the panel with my heat tool.  I die cut leaves twice and branches once and then assembled my leaves.  There are also cut little acorns in the die set!  There is some purply colors in the inspiration photo so to bring that in I watercolored more watercolor cardstock with purple and blue Nuvo Aqua pens.  My first panel was way too purple so I went back to the drawing board and made one with a more subtle wash of color.   Maybe this one was too subtle, lol!
After the panel was dry I die cut it and adhered it to a kraft cardstock base.  I stamped the word autumn using light and dark yellow inks and the word blessing in brown.  I then adhered my branch and the two additional leaves.


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

That soft purple wash looks perfect for you autumn branch, Rosemary!! Just love your watercolored leaves and acorns!!

Greta said...

Wonderful products used to make a beautiful Fall card, Rosemary!

Lisa Elton said...

Yay is right, I'm so happy you joined us at IB this week! That little branch with the falling leaves is so pretty. This is a wonderful card, Rosemary!

TK said...

Sweet acorns, beautiful leaves, and a wonderful script on the sentiment -- really pretty!

Silke Ledlow said...

So pretty! The water colored background and the leaves are perfect! Thank you for playing with us!

Danni Reid said...

This layout for the card is SO gorgeous, allowing you to focus on the colors of your leaves and acorns. Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!