"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

hello friend

 Hello!  Hope all is well in your part of the world.  I'm popping in with a card the current Paper Players challenge.  It is a color challenge and I love me a good color challenge!  Plus, I haven't had the chance to participate in their challenge for a very long time.  I'm also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.   ETA:  Realized that my card also works for the current JUGS challenge.  Take a look at what I made.


I recently made several mini slimline cards for my mom.  She likes the size because they are perfect size for a birthday check.  Since I had some premade mini slimline card bases on my desk, I decided to make one for the PP challenge.  I went through all my Simon Says Stamp dies until I found the Etched Layered Daisy Stem die set and pulled it out.  I did direct to paper inking to get the colors I wanted for the flower and the stem.  I used Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks in Citrine and Ocean.  Once the cardstock was fairly dry, I die cut out the stem and the flowers.  There are two flowers to layer together to make the full flower.   The center of the flower is part of the top layer die so I simply inked up some white cardstock with black ink, positioned the die so I would just get mostly the center cut and die cut it.  The bits of the petals that were still attached were trimmed out and I adhered that layer to the center of the flower.  I added Nuvo drops in Morning Dew for some shine.  The sentiment is from Memory Box and I die cut the shadow layer from heavy weight vellum and the sentiment from Memory Box glossy black cardstock twice.   Then I adhered everything together.  I cut Memory Box cream woodgrain cardstock to fit the front of my mini slimline cardbase, adhered it and then layered on all my elements.   My colors are a little bit darker than those in the inspiration photo, but hopefully that is okay.





Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


11 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a pretty daisy, Rosemary, and I love it on the texture mini slim!!

TK said...

Beautiful flower, gorgeous colors and mini slimline -- perfect in my book! Love it - thank you for sharing at JUGs

Hannelie said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen in a long long time! ♥♥♥

Nancy said...

This is so striking, Rosemary! Everything is so perfect! The texture on the background really stands out. Awesome photography too! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love this flower die by SSS and you have used it beautifully. Love the background and slimline style.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Whoa! Fabulous card! Love the slimline, but the overall cleanliness of this card - WOW! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Ina G said...

Simply striking and so beautiful. Love the slimline also. Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS this week Rosemary.

Suzanne said...

Rosemary, I really like the bold image and bold sentiment on your card. Simply beautiful! So glad you could take part in The Paper Players challenge. Suzy

Bobby said...

Daisy being my favorited flower, I was drawn to you cheerful card, Rosemary. I may have to check out that die. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love everything about this Rosemary! The slimline really fits that daisy perfectly and I just love how the image and sentiment pop on the clean layout. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Greta said...

Beautiful floral die & I really love the look of the flower on the woodgrain background!