"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 2, 2023

a little drama...

 Hey there!  Popping in with a card for yes, Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches!  I have actually combined those two challenges in awhile and almost didn't this time but decided to make it happen.  Also adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.   It is a little dramatic, but I like how it turned out.  


I decided to go through my small collection of Pinkfresh Studio products and came across the Modern Layered Florals stamp and die set.  I used Pinkfresh Studio inks in Lemon Whip, Sweet Mustard, Fresh Pear and Grassy Knoll for the flowers and stems.   I was quite pleased with myself because I got everything lined up perfectly the first time.  That almost never happens!   Once I had the image stamped I die cut it with the matching die.   Prior to starting my card I had decided to clean things up a bit and put away items from a couple of Simon Says Stamp cardkits that I had purchased months ago.  In that process I found the patterned paper that I used for the card front.  I think it is from Simply Stories, but I don't know the name.  Anyway, I die cut the paper with the Pinkfresh Sparkling Diamond cover die and then trimmed it down on the diagonal.   At first I was just going to place it on the front of my card and leave it at that, but I wasn't in love with that look.  So I decided to die cut black cardstock using the same Sparkling Diamond die and adhered it to the card base.  I then lined up the patterned paper piece and absolutely loved it.  The bouquet of flowers was adhered with liquid glue and thin foam squares.  The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Garden Fresh stamp set.  I stamped birthday greetings in black ink on white cardstock and then die cut the birthday with the matching die and used a label die to cut out greetings.   I adhered those with liquid glue and then added some Trinity Stamp sequins to finish the card. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


9 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So stunning with the diagonal with black and patterned, Rosemary - love this!!

Vickie Z said...

It is dramatic... but, I love the black/white background with the yellow/white flowers!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree with your extra black embossed card adds that something extra. Not being as clever, I would have left it without, but I know different after seeing yours, I hope I remember when doing anything similar.
This is a stunning card Rosemary.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty bouquet of flowers! Love the drama on this one!

Wanda Cullen said...

So beautiful! I love how the yellow pops against the black and white background! Always love seeing your entries at CTD!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the contrast of the black triangular piece and the black & white patterned paper on the opposite side. They make a perfect background for your happy flowers! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

TK said...

a little drama but a lot of soft and sweet colors too -- very pretty, Rosemary!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This card makes such a super classy take on both challenges! Thanks so much for joining in at FMS this week.

Greta said...

Finally catching up on blog posts & oh what a card to start with! Absolutely love the printed paper, cover plate, design, everything! I do find it challenging to line up the images for that bouquet, but must use it again now that I see yours!