"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, July 6, 2023

sending good vibes...

 Hello!  If you want to check out my Altenew July release post, please click here.  I'm popping in to share a card that I made for the Paper Players challenge, as well as Freshly Made Sketches.  The Paper Players challenge is a theme one of beach and I have been wanting to use my Simon Says Stamp Beach Huts stamp set.  I even tried about two weeks ago to make a card using this set but only got as far as stamping, coloring and die cutting the little beach hut and some waves!  So happy for the Paper Players theme so I could finish the card, lol!  Take a look.


I played around some more with my Altenew gouache paints and did simple coloring.   You can't really see the waves as they are stacked behind the little fence, but I stamped three of them, used a dark blue gouache paint to color them and then die cut them with the matching die.  Once dry there were stacked to create a layered looking sea.  I stamped the fence and painted it with a dark reddish brown paint and then used a lighter wash of it for sad.  A green with a teal base to it was used for the grass.  I die cut that with the matching die and layered it on top of the waves.  The beach house was colored with red, blue and white paints and then die cut when dry.  I used white and kraft Memory Box woodgrain paper for the background and then layered on all my die cuts.  Then I did a little "living on the edge" and stamped the sentiment and the birds after all of that had happened!   Thank goodness it turned out fine! 



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great take on the sketch with the white and kraft "planks" and the darling beach house, Rosemary - love it!!

LeAnne said...

This is just the sweetest little beach scene ever! So glad you were able to "finish up" using those elements, and the FMS sketch was perfect too! Thanks for sharing this at the Players this week for my beachy theme!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

I love the beach scene you created with the adorable beach house! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Rosemary...this card is absolutely adorable! The little beach house is so cute...and so is the sentiment! Love it! I am so glad you played at The Paper Players this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your take on the sketch. Super stamps making a wonderful beach scene, and a wonderful sentiment.
Faith x

Tammy said...

Love the beach hut!! Great card!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling beach scene! I want to go there!

TK said...

Very nice beach scene and all the elements are so fun -- love the colors you've chosen!

Karren said...

This is a fabulous scene card! And the background colours accent it so nicely! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Greta said...

Such a fun card!