"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Simon Says Stamp Celebrate Release!

 Hello!  Simon Says Stamp's Celebrate release is now available on their website!  Simon Says Stamp was so kind and sent me a new stamp set called Simple Wedding Wishes.  I created two cards using this sweet set.  You can find the entire release here.  


I was in an "aqua state of mind" when I made both cards, lol.   It all started with this card when I decided to create a simple watercolor background using a Nuvo Aquaflow pen in the color Aqua!  I stamped the background using the Simon Says Stamp Heart to Heart background stamp on watercolor cardstock using watermark ink and the heat set with white embossing powder.  I got the panel wet, scribbled on some color and then blended it out.   While the panel dried I heat embossed a sentiment from the CZ Designs/Simon Says Stamp You Did stamp set on vellum.  That was die cut with the Simon Says Stamp A2 Nesting Frames die set.   The embossed panel was die cut and then I added a frame that I die cut from the dark aqua cardstock using the second largest A2 Nesting Frames die.  I used liquid adhesive to adhere my vellum panel to the hearts panel.  I finished with two sentiments from the Simple Wedding Wishes embossed in white on the dark aqua cardstock. 


On the first card my aqua had a more green hue to it.  With this card I went with a more blue aqua.  I started by die cutting the light aqua blue panel with a rectangle die and the embossing the panel with the Simon Says Stamp Blossom Field 3d embossing folder.  I used the little vellum frame that was left over after I die cut the vellum panel on the first card for this card to frame up my little bundle of flowers that I made using the Simon Says Stamp Flower Bundle die set.  I used kraft cardstock for the wrapper and vellum for leaf stems.  I used a soft green for the other stems and more blue aqua for the flowers.  I finished with the sentiment from the Simple Wedding Wishes.  


Make sure to check out the release over on the Simon Says Stamp website.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your use of vellum on both of these! Two delightful cards, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Wow--what beautifully classy cards that I can imagine seeing in a high end stationary store! Really love how you used the hearts background stamp and the 2 aqua shades with the white enbossed on vellum glasses! The 2nd card is really lovely with that sweet wrapped bouquet and one of my favorite embossing folders!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Rosemary - love the aqua tones and vellum!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What beautiful and delicate cards, love the effect of the vellum and aqua. Love the stamp on your first and the beautiful bouquet on the second. x