"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 14, 2024

Let's Celebrate You!

 Hello!  I'm popping in with a pretty and romantic looking card that I created for Freshly Made Sketches and JUGs challenges.   Let's have a look at what I created.


Lately, Simple Stories has had several paper collections that I have really, really liked and so I have picked up a couple of them.  The most recent is the Simple Stories Simple Vintage Spring Garden.  I got the 6x8 paper pad and a pack of ephemera because the pieces in it are just so beautitful!  I used both to create my card today.   Another thing I have been into lately is adding texture to my cards.   Like alot of papercrafters I have more than several embossing folders, but I don't often use them.  They are perfect for adding texture and so I used the Simon Says Stamp Blossom Field embossing folder to emboss the pink gingham paper I chose from the pad.  I added more texture by applying Glossy Accents in certain spots on the flowers, butterfly and bees and then covering the Glossy Accents with Distress Rock Candy glitter.   The glitter is very subtle, but pretty.


In this photo you can see the Rock Candy glitter a little bit better.  I adhered the background with double sided tape and then added the flowers, butterfly and bees with different heights of foam squares.  I finished with a sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Sweet Birthday stamp set.  



That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


11 comments:

Carol said...

Very pretty card with that embossed patterned paper the the pretty florals. So glad you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

Judy Rozema said...

I love the textured pink gingham with the EF! Super pretty card in my favorite colors. Thank you for playing with my sketch this week at FMS!

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Rosemary! I can see why you had to have that paper & ephemera! That's one of my favorite embossing folders, but I almost never emboss printed paper and now I'm going to--love it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such an amazing look with the embossed patterned paper, Rosemary! The ephemera sets it off so beautifully!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is gorgeous, so feminine. Love the effect of the embossing on the beautiful gingham paper. The flowers and butterfly so very pretty too. x

Lisa Elton said...

What a dreamy card, Rosemary! I love that you embossed the sweet gingham paper. Wonderful layers too. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Melissa Grant said...

Oh my Rosemary! Ephemera and gingham...together!! Beautiful job with the sketch. A winner for sure ;)

Karren said...

This ephemera is gorgeous - so soft and delicate! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you embossed the gingham, and all the ephemera makes it even prettier!

Ida said...

This is gorgeous. I love that you used the ephemera for your card and all the little extra details (like the sparkle) make it extra pretty. - I'll be following your blog. I'm also a PNW - Washington gal.

Bobby said...

Embossing the gingham was a great idea, Rosemary, and it made a wonderful place to show off those flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.