"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

faded memory lane...

Hey there!  Popping in with a project that I have been wanting to make for several months.  I finally got the chance a few days ago and now I'm sharing it with you!   Let's look at what I made.


At heart I am a clean and simple girl, but on occasion I love to create projects that are more shabby and vintage.  This is one of them.  I previously shared a card I made using products from the 49 and Market Faded Memory Lane collection.   Even though the products are shabby and vintage I was able to create something clean and simple with the products.  This project, however, lands more on the vintage and shabby side for sure and I love how it turned out.  


One of the products I purchase was a pack of laser cuts and one of the laser cuts was the large floral piece that fills the upper left corner of my project.  Since I'm not a fan of slimline cards or card sizes larger that an A2 I knew I would not be able to use that laser cut unless I made something different:  a decor piece.  I started with a Tim Holtz frame and base.  I covered the base with patterned paper from the Faded Memory Lane 6x8 paper pack and then painted the frame with a light beige paint.  When the paint was dry I brushed on a light sage green making sure to not add too much.  When that was dry I added some Gilded Foundry wax and heat set it.  I also added some Gilded Foundry wax to the patterned paper in the upper right corner.  Finally, the foundry wax was also added to all the laser cut images I used.  Did I go a little crazy with the foundry wax?  Maybe, but I love it!  


I layered on all of the images and then added the little sentiment strips that are also laser cuts.  The frame was added using collage medium, a heavy object placed on top and it was allowed to dry.  Once dry I added the large floral piece by gluing parts to the frame and using 3d foam pads in areas that are inside the frame.   

I'm going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of fabulous florals and the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge to use text.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


No comments: