"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 24, 2011

happy day...

A quick card for the current Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger - A Citrus Celebration.  I wish I could take complete credit for this idea, but I can't... I was inspired by a gift wrapping idea on saw on Marta's Pinterest a few weeks back when I was looking through her Pinterest for inspiration for my One Layer Wednesday card.   When I saw this particular idea I just knew I had to make it into a card.   Finally I made the time today.  First, though,  I spent a little while contemplating exactly how I would approach wrapping the card with the baker's twine.   



I got out my long neglected Hero Arts Heartwinged Butterfly stamp, my bakers twine, a large paperpiercing needle, some cardstock, some ink and went to work.   I love the simplicity of the design and all the open space.   This card falls into the "I absolutely LOVE how it turned out" category. 

Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & Lemon Tart; Bakers Twine - Impress; Stamps:  Hero Arts - Heartwinged Butterfly & Thoughtful Messages; Ink:  SU! Kiwi Kiss

12 comments:

Rae said...

Well, I absolutely love how it turned out also. I love how such a simplistic design can turn out with such "WOW" factor.

Barb said...

I absolutely love how it turned out too, Rosie! Such a fun idea! :)

craftieodmae said...

Oh I love it too! Fantastic! So clean and fresh! Over the top girl, hugs and have a great day!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love it! The twine looks just perfect :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very beautiful, love the simple elegance of the card, perfect look with that twine!

Robin K. said...

What a cool way to wrap the twine round the card Rosemary!

Brenda said...

I love your clean design Rosemary! Very creative!

Elise said...

I DON'T blame YOU for loving THIS! Me-OWWWWWW! YOU had me at the Baker's twine, but girly-girl, THIS is stunning! {I can't see that stamp without thinking of THE OZ! Sure hope she's doing okay!} LOVE this, my dear!

blah said...

Simply amazing!

Heather said...

LOVE it!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rosemary! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for giving it a go! :)

Sylvia said...

How pretty, Rosemary! CAS, and so lovely!