"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, June 26, 2017

birthday mandala...

Hey... popping in with another birthday card.  This time for the current Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge (layering), as well as the current Color Throwdown (which closes in a few hours!), CAS(E) this Sketch and Time Out challenge (celebrations).  When I saw the CTS layout I thought it would be perfect to use with the Concord & 9th Many Mandalas set that I recently purchased.  Since the Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge was to layer I thought layering my stamps would be perfect. I started by inking up the C9 Barnwood Background stamp with a mint colored ink and stamped the background.  I then stamped one of the mandalas on the panel with teal ink.  The panel was then die cut with a rectangle die.  The second mandala was stamped in purple ink and then die cut with the matching die.  I layered that mandala on top, added the sentiment and the dark pink enamel dots.  To help things pop a bit more I die cut a mat from black cardstock.  Adhered everything to a light gray cardstock base.




Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SSS fog; Stamps:  Concord & 9th; Dies:  Concord & 9th and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Hero Arts, VersaFine Onyx Black; My Mind's Eye enamel dots

9 comments:

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary! That woodgrain stamp is one of the prettiest I've seen & it's wonderful done in mint--on to my wishlist! Love the mandalas, too--so many great products out there, but can't have them all--haha!

sandie said...

This is lovely Rosemary. I really liked how you layered these dies, especially how one is just off the edge-a very creative touch. Thanks for joining Time Out

Canonbury creations said...

Love those mandalas Rosie, they look great against the woody background, lovely colour combo too x

Vickie Z said...

Cute card! Love the background and your mandalas! Great use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful design! I'm a big fan of C9 stamps! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Lisa Elton said...

That subtle barnwood background is so pretty!! Fabulous card today Rosemary!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous barnwood background, Rosemary!! Perfect with that layered mandala!!

Anita in France said...

That barnwood background in mint is gorgeous, Rosemary ... so soft and subtle ... and fabulous behind that delicate layered mandala! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Wonderful take on the sketch!