"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, June 25, 2017

PTI June Blog Hop...

Hello!!  June 25th has rolled around and that means time for the PTI blog hop!!  And we have another beautiful photo to inspire us.   I decided to go with the ombre' look of the jars and also use the colors found in the flowers.  The photo just said "summer" to me and since I have never used my PTI Friendship Jar Summer stamp set (sad... I know!) I got it out to make my card.  I stamped the jar on watercolor paper and then colored the water with a blue ZIG marker.  Once that was done I added the stems using Gathered Twigs and Mowed Lawn distress inks.  The hydrangea was stamped on watercolor paper with watermark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  I then very carefully watercolored the image with pink and green ZIGs.  Once it was dry I die cut it with the matching die.  The jar was grounded by using a brown ZIG marker and blending out the color.  I then die cut the panel with the large die from the Mix and Mat Herringbone die set.  I decided to add the little photo corners using kraft cardstock.  The hydrangea was adhered, the sentiment (from Cutting Garden) was stamped and then the piece was adhered to a light gray cardstock base.   I will also add this to the current Time Out challenge of celebrations.


Have a wonderful day and happy hopping!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS Fog, SU! Crumb Cake; Stamps and Dies:  PaperTrey Ink; Inks:  VersaFine Onyx Black and Smoky Gray, Gathered Twigs and Mowed Lawn Distress inks, VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts white; Watercolor medium:  ZIG clean color markers

18 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

This is really pretty! I don't have that set but it's on my wishlist now!

Anita in France said...

So soft and pretty, Rosemary ... a fabulous take on the inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your watercolored bouquet in jar, Rosemary - perfect with the photo corners to set it off!!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card!

Linda said...

Beautiful soft water colored card.

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Rosemary! Your water coloring is just beautiful!! :0)

Anita in France said...

I'm back, Rosemary ... just spotted this beauty in our gallery at Time Out ... delighted to have you playing along with us! Hugs, Anita :)

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful coloring, Rosemary! Lovely card!

lainey said...

Beautiful card and beautiful coloring!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Beautiful, beautiful card!

Greta said...

Beautifully artistic, Rosemary--like a painting!

Jacquie Southas said...

So soft & Lovely, Rosemary!

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeousness everywhere, Rosemary! And your coloring is amazing! Beautiful, beautiful card!!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is feminine and ever so lovely Rosemary!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Teddra said...

So sweet! Love the coloring on the jar and flowers, do delicate.

Joyce said...

This is beautiful. I love your coloring, especially the jar. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out

Gerrina said...

Wow the watercolouring is amazing on this card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!