"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, September 21, 2017

delightful day...

Hello!!!  Wow... the week is almost over!!  I'm popping in with a card for several challenges:  MFT design superstar, MFT sketch challenge, SSS Wednesday challenge and Stamp, Ink, Paper challenge (watercoloring).   I am by no stretch of the imagination a coloring virtuoso, but I wanted to challenge myself to do some watercoloring and the MFT design superstar challenge was just the push I needed.  I got out my MFT Sweet Forest Friends stamps and dies and did some watercoloring.  I had to color the little fox twice because the first one didn't turn out so well, but I'm really pleased with my coloring since I hadn't really done any in quite some time.  After coloring up all my little critters with various ZIG markers I watercolored a panel of watercolor paper with a light blue ZIG and then part of  watercolor panel with two green ZIGs.  When dry both panels were die cut with the MFT Inside Out Stitched Round Rectangle dies.  I popped up the green portion on the blue background and then adhered the tree and the critters using more pop dots.  The sentiment was stamped on a scrap piece of watercolor paper that had been light colored with the same blue ZIG and then die cut with another MFT die.  I added a little bit of white baker's twine to finish things off.






10 comments:

Greta said...

Looks like you're a virtuoso to me, Rosemary! This is absolutely darling & your coloring is fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

This is just a cute as can be! Love those sweet little animals!

Gingin said...

Oh my goodness this is the cutest Rosemary!! Love your watercolored critters! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Anita in France said...

What a sweet little scene, Rosemary ... your watercolouring on those cute little critters is a delight! Hugs, Anita :)

Canonbury creations said...

Loving those little animals and so beautifully coloured Rosie xx

LeAnne said...

ACK! Cuteness overload! Love these little guys and your watercoloring is super! Fun card! So happy you played with the Stamp Ink Challenge this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous coloring on that sweet scene, Rosemary!!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

What a sweet little scene you've created Rosemary. I love the critters. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary! The scene you've created is adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is SO adorably sweet!