"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, September 4, 2017

smile...

Hello!!  Crafting has been a struggle for me lately.  Hubby is replacing our family room floor and since my crafting space is in the kitchen and the kitchen is connected to the family room well... trying to find a little peace and quiet to do anything is pretty scarce!  But last night I found some time to put together this clean and simple take on the current MFT sketch.  I also used the current MFT color challenge for the card.  Killing two challenges with one card, lol!!  Well... since I'm adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge (stamp it) and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (anything goes).  I die cut the smile from a piece of white cardstock that I die cut with an MFT Fishtail Flag Stax die and then die cut the smile from a blue cardstock similar to MFT's Cornflower.  The sentiment (from All Smiles) was stamped in Hero Arts Soft Granite (which is similar to Blue Steel) and then die cut with one of the banner dies that was the free with $60 die from MFT.   I stamped the flowers from the Plentiful Petals set in Ripe Raspberry and Tropical Teal and then die cut them with the matching dies.   Layered everything up per the sketch and I was done.  Pretty pleased with how my card turned out.



Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; blue; Stamps and dies:  My Favorite Things; Inks:  My Favorite Things and Hero Arts


9 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

This is so darn cute Rosi. I love how you tucked the flower behind your smile panel a tad. Just think how beautiful your family room is gonna be.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the giant SMILE on the vertical strip, Rosemary! So fun with the trio of flowers - fab job with the MFT colors and sketch!!

Greta said...

Fresh, clean & beautiful! I looked at that sketch, but had no ideas. Maybe something will come to me--you certainly were inspired, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a cute CAS card Rosemary! My hubby is making racket with some garage construction. My craft space is upstairs but the sound echoes through the whole house LOL!!

Lori said...

Love your clean and simple card! That huge SMILE looks great and the flowers are so cute!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Rosemary! It's simple, but wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Anita in France said...

Yay you creating such a lovely card amid all the chaos of a new floor going down, Rosemary ... that oversized smile is brilliant (and I did!) ... those tiny blooms are so sweet and pretty with it! Hugs, Anita :)

Emma Williams said...

Lovely card and such a pretty design and layout...it's beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Martha said...

Rosemary, I love how you used the sketch on this darling card.
It will definitely bring a SMILE to the recipient.
Beautifully designed!

(AND...I love that black & white striped plate.)