"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, September 24, 2017

so very thankful...

Happy fall everyone!!  We are having some beautiful weather (although I do wish we had a little rain) right now.  Today was the last day of the Washington State fair so the boys and I went this morning.  On the way home we picked up some pumpkins for our front porch.  With all that behind me I was finally able to take a photo of a card I made other day for the current Color Throwdown challenge, as well as the current When Creativity Meets C9 challenge to just use ink.  For this card I pulled out the C9 Lace Leaf stamp set.    I inked up the main leaf image with a dark green ink from Hero Arts.  The watercolor image that comes in the set was then inked up with a Hero Art purple, MFT's Daffodil and Orange Fizz.  In order to keep the inks from mixing too much and ending up with a muddy look I inked up the bottom portion of the image with the purple, stamped and then cleaned off the stamp.  The process was repeated with the other inks.  I really like how the leaf turned out.  The sentiment was stamped in black and then I added some little splatters here and there using an image from the C9 Brushed Blossom stamp set.   Finished off the card with a little bit of twine tied in a knot and adhered with multi matte medium.  I adhered some black cardstock on the card base as you see and then adhered the stamped panel with the opposite side flush to the top and side of the card base using foam dimensionals.  Since I did that I will also add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of pop it up.



13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is fabulous Rosemary! I love the colors you used. PRETTY card!!

Betty said...

this is so lovely Rosie - bought that stamp and it's a NBUS (sad to say) - you've inspired me to do something with it!!

Greta said...

Oh so gorgeous & artistic, Rosemary--just love it! Haven't been to the State Fair in many years--sounds like fun!

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card Rosemary, the colors and whole design of this is absolutely GORGEOUS 😍❤️

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Anita in France said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Rosemary ... love how you've combined those fabulous colours ... this is just stunning! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning leaf, Rosemary - just love how you inked it!! Fabulous fall card!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous leaves....so soft and striking! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Kara Lynne said...

Your colors are gorgeous, and I love how you inked them so the colors wouldn't get muddy! So beautiful, Rosemary!

Lori said...

Your leaf is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful card!

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, what a beauty this is!
I love the pretty colors, fabulous stamping, & design.
You ROCK!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is gorgeous, Rosemary!!! Love the colors and the overall design! So artistic and fabulous!

Tracie Pond said...

Loving the pop of purple, Rosemary. Such a pretty card!

Lindsey said...

Another beautiful card! Love the colors and feel of this card. Thanks so much for joining us for our Ink Only Challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9!