"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, July 15, 2018

ahoy, baby!

Hello!  Popping in with a card that I made for a few challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches and Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash challenge.  When I saw this month's Stock Your Stash challenge I didn't think I would be able to play along as the theme is baby cards and my collection of Reverse Confetti stamps don't include many with a baby theme.  But then I saw RC design team members Deanne's super cute card using the whale from the Seaside set and I realized that I have that set... YAY!  Thanks for the inspiration Deanne!  My niece is going to be having a little boy in November and using the whale is perfect for a card for a baby boy!  I have some fun Belle Carta Summer Splash patterned paper and one sheet had a waves pattern on it.  I used that for the strip seen on the side of the sketch, as well as for the little ocean that the whale sits on.   I did have a hard time finding an ink that worked well with the aqua color in the patterned paper, but finally settled on a aqua blue ink from Hero Arts.  I cut apart the "ocean" so I could pop that up over the little whale.  The sentiment was created by using the word ahoy from the Seaside set and the word baby from the Beautiful Banners set.  I had to mask off portions of each stamp to create my sentiment.  That was done using VersaFine CLAIR Twilight ink.   A sweet clean and simple design!



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SU! white; Patterned paper:  Bella Carta; Stamps and dies:  Reverse Confetti; Inks: Hero Arts and VersaFine CLAIR

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun take on the challenge, Rosemary! Just love the ocean waves paper and how you snipped it for the whale to ride the waves!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling baby card! I like the way you tucked the little whale among the waves. Your niece is going to enjoy her cards from you so much, there's a lot of love going into them. November is a good month for a new baby, Sweet P is a November baby too!!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be! Love this baby card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Anita in France said...

So very sweet, Rosemary ... an adorable whale ... love the monochrome colour palette! Hugs, Anita :)