"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, July 20, 2018

triangles...

Hello there!  I got to make a card today... YAY!  Sometimes that is a hard thing to do in my house.  I have to craft in my kitchen which is connected to my family room.  Now that it is summer and both boys are home that means someone is playing a video game at some point during the day in the family room.  When that happens pretty much all desire to make something goes out the window.  I was determined to not let that bother me today and it worked!  It also helped that I had the idea as to what I wanted to make firmly planted in my little head, lol!  I have had the Altenew Trigonometry stamp set for ages and have only used the happy birthday sentiment in the set.  When I saw the color combo for this month's Altenew Inspiration challenge I immediately knew I wanted to make my card using the Trigonometry set to create a masculine birthday card.  The sketch from Freshly Made Sketches provided the layout and I was able to create my card!   I'm also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use a die and/or punch.  I picked out three large images from the set that I wanted to use and stamped them in the blue, light blue and gray colors.  I used a small triangle image and a medium one and all three colors to stamp those as well.   All the images were die cut and then arranged on the cardstock panel so I could figure out where to stamp the sentiment.  I added a strip of silver glitter cardstock to one side.  Hopefully the guy who gets this won't mind that.   I adhered the cardstock panel and then all the triangles using various heights of foam dots.   Another clean and simple design... I seem to be on that kick lately.


Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT white, silver glitter; Stamps and dies:  Altenew; Inks:  Stampin Up! (light blue, blue and gray), VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne

16 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love your clean graphic design! The added sparkle is perfect!

Stampin Mindy said...

I just love your take on the sketch. The triangles look awesome. Perfect touch with the dimension. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Good Luck!

♥ Mindy

Anita in France said...

Cool, graphic and stylish, Rosemary ... I think with the silver glitter strip, it would do equally beautifully for a girl's card as well as a man's! Hugs, Anita :)

Viv said...

Such a clever CAS card Rosie,great design too, I love it ;) Viv xx

Amy O said...

What a fun stamp set, and it's perfect for this sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cool graphic card, Rosemary! This would be a great card for a guy - just love the triangles!!

Nancy said...

Such a cool design, Rosemary! So clean and fresh!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your graphic design and mix of patterns! The strip of glitter is a fun unexpected touch. Awesome card Rosemary!

Greta said...

I so totally love this card, Rosemary!

Karen said...

An awesome design, and the card is fabulous!

Greta said...

YAH!! Such a deserving winner, Rosemary! Wish there was a prize for you!

Rachelle Oltean said...

Congrats! This is a great design and I love the colors! :)

Rachelle Oltean said...

Congrats! This is a great layout and I love the color palette!

Jan Clothier said...

Brilliant! So clean, crisp and cool. What a well-deserved win!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats on your win at FMS, Rosemary! Really love this card!!

Barb Ghig said...

CONGRATS on your well-deserved win at FMS, Rosemary! Your CAS cards are always amazing, and this beauty is no exception! I love all the fabulous patterns on your triangles and how you played with the sketch...stunning card!