"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

simon says stamp friendly frolic new release!


Hey everyone!  I'm popping in with a couple of cards that I made using one of the items from the Simon Says Stamp Friendly Frolic new release that is now available exclusively at Simon Says Stamp.  The set I'm using is called School Bus Messages.  There is a matching die available, too.   For my first card I did some watercoloring to create a fun back to school card.  I stamped the bus on watercolor paper with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then watercolored it with my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush makers.  After I finished with the bus I did some simple watercoloring to create a background scene for my bus.  Once the bus was dry I trimmed it out and popped it up on the dry watercolored background.   The sentiment was then stamped using the Nocturne ink.  I'm going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.

For the second card I created a clean and simple design that could be used to celebrate a child's first field trip.  I stamped the bus four times using the following VersaFine CLAIR colors Twilight, Golden Meadow, Tulip Red and Green Oasis on white cardstock.   I then trimmed out all the buses and arranged them on a trimmed down piece of white cardstock.  In order to make the buses fit better I did trim off the mirrors.  Once I had a good arrangement I adhered all the buses with foam tape.  I then settled on a sentiment that I embossed in white on black cardstock, trimmed out and adhered as you see.  I love the fun graphic look of this design.  I think it would be fun to create this same card using cardstock in the primary colors of yellow, blue, red and green.  Going to add this to the current Word Art Wednesday challenge.

Hope you have a wonderful day and don't forget to check out the new Friendly Frolic release at Simon Says Stamp.  There are tons of fun new products!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT white, SSS fog; PTI kraft and black; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Inks:  VersaFine CLAIR, VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts white; Watercolor:  ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers 




5 comments:

Greta said...

Such cute cards, Rosemary! Love your coloring for the first one & oh my goodness--so creative for the second one! SSS is lucky to have you showcasing this new product!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling school bus cards, Rosemary! Especially love the watercoloring on card one and the fun bus outlines on card two!!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute and cute!! What a fun little school bus this is. Love the road you created for the first one. These are fun Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

These are both so cute and fun, Rosemary ... what fabulous designs to showcase this fabulous bus ... congratulations on working with SSS on this new release! Hugs, Anita :)

debby4000 said...

Love both your cards especially the second one love how it worked out.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby