"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 28, 2019

more cards to share...

Hello!   Wow... time sure is flying by isn't it!?  We are already at the end of March and Easter is just a few weeks away!   Sharing a couple of cards today.  One that I actually made a few weeks ago and one that I made just the other day.  First up is the one I made a few weeks ago.  This is one final card for the Reverse Confetti March stock your stash challenge to make a spring or Easter card.  This one is an Easter card that I made using the Cross Confetti Cuts die and the Easter Blessings stamp set.  I also used some patterned paper from the pretty Reverse Confetti Pattern Play 6x6 pad.  I cut a piece of the patterned paper to fit my card front and adhered that to the card base.  I then cut a piece of light gray cardstock to cover one half of the card front.  I positioned the stamp I wanted to use on the piece and stamped the sentiment using VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist ink.  I then placed the cross over the sentiment and die cut it from the panel.  Additional crosses were cut from white cardstock.  I then adhered the die cut piece to the card front.  I started to inlay the pieces by using one of the white crosses I had cut and then adding in the light gray interior pieces that had the stamping on them.  I added the remaining crosses finishing with the light gray one.  I did this so that the cross actually has some height to it.  I finished off the card with light pink sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  A very clean and simple design.   I'm also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.


The second card is another card for the March Altenew Inspiration challenge as well as the Paper Players.  I recently purchased three sets of Altenew mini ink cubes one of which has different shades of red.  I used that set to stamp the flower from the Build a Flower: Chrysanthemum.  I then die cut it with the matching die.   One of the things that I like about this set is that it has a die that allows you to cut portions of the flower so that you can lift those petals up to give the flower more dimension.  The leaves were also stamped with Altenew inks and then die cut with the matching dies.  I cut some light blue cardstock and dry embossed it with a woodgrain embossing folder.   That was adhered to a white cardstock base.  I then worked to figure out what I was going to use for the other two elements in the sketch.  I decided to go with a strip of silver glitter cardstock because who doesn't like glitter?  I adhered that and then arranged the flower and leaves.  I didn't want to totally cover up the flower so I used vellum and embossed the sentiment on it using WOW! black embossing powder.



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Card #1:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SSS fog; Patterned paper:  Reverse Confetti; Stamps and dies:  Reverse Confetti; Ink:  VersaFine CLAIR; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh

Card #2:  Cardstock:  Recollections white, Reverse Confetti light blue, MFT silver glitter, PTI vellum; Stamps and dies:  Altenew; Inks:  Altenew and VersaMark; Embossing powder:  WOW! black

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful cards Rosemary! I like the texture on them both and the way you stamped the sentiment on the first one!

Greta said...

Wowzer! The first card is stunning & I love the gorgeous Altenew floral card! I'm always amazed when I see your cards, my friend!

Anita in France said...

That's such a beautiful bloom, Rosemary ... lovely layering with texture and shimmer ... I LOVE that sentiment! Gorgeous, subtle and stylish Easter card with the cross camouflaged into the sentiment ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Beautiful cards Rosemary and I love the sentiment and detail of the Altenew floral - stunning. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Su Mohr said...

Rosemary, Your layered flower is gorgeous! And, I love the textured background! Thank you for sharing with the Paper Players!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous card with so much texture and dimension! Love that mum! Thanks for joining us at Paper Players!

lostinpaper said...

I forgot how amazing the BAF Chrysanthemum is and you have totally made it shine today! Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration.

Lin said...

Both lovely cards, as always, Rosemary! Thank you for playing with us once again at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous cards, Rosemary! Just love the Easter cross in the neutrals and the fabulous flower on the encouragement card!!