"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, March 4, 2019

i thougth about you...

Hey there!  I hope your week is off to a good start.  Mine is... I got to make something today!  This card is for a few challenges:  CAS(E) this Sketch, The Paper Players (spring fever - I used flowers) and Fab Friday (color challenge).  Have you ever had one of those days when you thought the card you were making was going to be easy to make and then it turned out to be really hard?  Well... that was my day today, lol!  Things started well as I stamped the image from the beautiful Stampin Up! Climbing Roses stamp set on smooth Bristol paper and then watercolored the image with distress markers in Forest Moss, Abandoned Coral and Spun Sugar.  Once that was done I die cut the image with the matching die from the Rose Trellis die set.  Then things started to get hard.  Mainly because I decided that I wanted to emboss my square on to my cardstock and I hadn't done that in awhile.  So the first one didn't get embossed, but it did cut out the square!  Finally one the third try I got things right and ended up with a nicely embossed panel.  That was die cut with an AJVD stitched dot rectangle die.  Then I had to make sure that I got the sentiment stamp correctly.  Thankfully I was able to use the square that I accidentally cut to help me make sure that everything was straight!  I stamped the sentiment, adhered the floral image and then adhered everything to a light gray cardstock base.  Hope the next time I make a card things go easier for me, lol! Also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.




Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SSS fog; Stamps: Stampin Up!; Dies:  Stampin Up!, Spellbinders and AJVD; Ink:  VersaFine; Watercolor medium:  Distress markers

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

YES, I had one of those days today Rosemary! Your card was worth the bumps you came across though, it's beautiful! The embossed square is an elegant touch and your water-colored blooms turned out beautifully!

Lin said...

Such a beautiful soft design, Rosemary! Glad you persevered to make it as you imagined it! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Greta said...

Your efforts were worth it, Rosemary--this is gorgeous! I love the color combo--gotta try that one! I always have to look up how to emboss with a die, but I should do it more often--love the look you achieved!

craftieodmae said...

This is eye popping gorgeous!!!

LeAnne said...

I am glad you persevered in your card-making attempt, because the finished product is beautiful! I never think to emboss with my dies, either..I always forget about that! Your watercoloring is delightful and I love the little stitched die you used for the background! Just wonderful! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Anita in France said...

Delicate, feminine and lovely, Rosemary ... and so worth all that effort ... it's so deliciously fresh and clean! Sorry I've not been around to comment for a while ... we've been without internet for almost a week ... and not I'm playing catch up ... so much inspiration in one go! Hugs, Anita :)

Heather said...

Oh wow, your coloring on these flowers is perfect! And such a lovely sentiment to go with - beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!