"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Simon Says Stamp Sunny Days Ahead Release!

Hey everyone!  I'm popping in to share a couple of cards that I made with a brand new background stamp called Tulip Background that is part of the new Simon Says Stamp Sunny Days Ahead release! You can find all the new products here.   To make my cards I decided to stamp the full background on some smooth Bristol cardstock with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then color with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush makers in pink, purple, yellow and green, of course, for the stems and leaves.   Once all the coloring was done (and it took a long time, lol!) I let the piece dry and then trimmed it into two pieces.  Each piece was trimmed further to fit an A2 size card front.  On the first card I decided to die cut the Rainboot Planter die from Simon Says Stamp and color it in with ZIGs using the same colors I used for the background.  I adhered a strip of silver cardstock to the panel and then adhered it to my cardstock base.  The boots were adhered along with a sentiment from the SSS stamp set Hello Darling.   I finished with some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins.  I'm going to add this one to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of flower power.

My second card is similar to the first just put the panel on the other side of the card, added a strip of black cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment (from the SSS Stronger Together stamp set) on additional black cardstock with VersaMark watermark ink, applied white embossing powder and heat set.  The sentiment was trimmed down and adhered to the card front with foam tape.  Super, super simple.
Thanks for stopping by.  Simon Says Stamp is open for business so you can shop the new release.  Just remember... their ship times are a little bit longer than usual.  Happy shopping!


7 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Stunning cards Rosemary. Your colouring is awesome.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous cards with the tulip background, Rosemary!! Just love how you trimmed your piece and used it on two cards! Especially love the one with the black strip and the jumbo sentiment but the sweet rainboots look great on card one too!!

TK said...

rosemary, both are so pretty, and congrats on getting TWO cards out of a marathon coloring session :o)

Kara Lynne said...

These tulips are so gorgeous, Rosemary! I love the rain boots with it, and also with the black sentiment banner - it looks so striking! This is the spring I wish for - we don't have any flowers blooming yet and it snowed last night! Soon enough, it will happen. I hope you are well and staying safe!

Anita in France said...

Sigh ... tulips are among my favourites, Rosemary, so of course your delicious duo just sings to me! Lovely colouring ... fun, flower filled wellies ... and fabulous bold sentiment panel! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Love your coloring & both cards are beautiful, Rosemary!

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a cheerful card, just lovely!