"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, April 10, 2020

tulips and feathers!

Hey there!  Well... it is Friday... I think!  Like a lot of people I seem to be losing track of days.  I was out and about for a little bit and kept thinking that it was Saturday!  Anyway... I have a couple of cards to share and one features tulips and the other featuring feathers.  First up is the tulip card.  As I think I mentioned before I love tulips and when I saw the Reverse Confetti Tulip stamp set I had to have it.  I don't have the matching dies, yet, but hopefully will get them soon.  I used the main tulip image to stamp my own background and the colored all the tulips in the current colors from Color Throwdown.  I had actually started the card on Tuesday night before I knew what the colors would be and was going to color all of them pink, but thankfully it got too dark for me to color and so I was able to make the switch to coloring them pink, yellow and orange and then all the stems green, of course with my Copic markers.  After all that tulip coloring I needed some real tulips so when I had to make a trip to our local store I picked up some tulips that they had on special.  I got five bunches (five stems in each bunch) for $10.00!  Once the coloring was done I trimmed the panel down to fit a card front and because this is going to be a mother's day card for my mom I heat embossed the word mom in white on vellum, wrapped that around my panel and then added the second sentiment that I heat embossed in white on black cardstock.   I only trimmed the long sides of the panel so I added little strips of black cardstock to my card base to make the colors pop a little more.   This will be going to CTD, as well as the Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash challenge (I went with mom).



The second card is for Freshly Made Sketches and the minute I saw it I knew I wanted to use a fun little stamp set that I recently got from Altenew.  As many of you know Altenew has several subscription programs and one of them is called Mini Delights.  I decided to subscribe and got the first stamp and die set which happens to feature a feather.   I started the card by inking up the center of my white cardstock panel with a chevron stencil from Altenew using Altenew Industrial Diamond ink.  I then stamped the feature twice using black ink (VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne) and then used the small image in the set to stamp the tip of the feather with the Industrial Diamond ink, as well.  The panel was die cut and then I arranged and adhered the feathers.  The sentiment is from the Altenew Leaf Canopy stamp set and was stamped using Industrial Diamond, as well.  This card is doing to someone who will probably be super surprised to receive it!  I can't wait to find out his reaction!

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe and have a wonderful Easter weekend!

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your pretty little bunches of tulips make me smile and I love the layered sentiment! Now about your FMS card... WINNER!!! Oh my goodness, it's gorgeous!!!

Viv said...

Such sweet bunches of Tulips Rosie and beautiful card too.Love the feathers monochrome also with the pretty soft stencilling ;) Viv xx

Greta said...

Great cards, Rosemary! Love how you made your own printed paper for the beautiful tulips card. I didn't know there was a mini subscription--good thing--haha! You made perfect use of your first set--love the stenciling behind the feathers!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love your take on the sketch with the soft, monochromatic palette, Rosemary! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Happy Easter, Rosemary!! Beautiful bunches of tulips on card one but I adore card two!! The stenciled chevron with the feathers looks amazing!!

Anita in France said...

What gorgeous tulips, Rosemary ... they're among my favourite blooms ... and this card full of them is a delight! Your feathers are stylish and elegant and so cool ... the monochrome makes such a great statement! Hugs, Anita :)

Judy Rozema said...

Gorgeous florals in the first - and I love the feathers in the second! Thank you for joining us at FMS this week!

Broni said...

Beautiful tulip bouquets! Thank you for playing along with the Color Throwdown challenge!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! The feathers and chevrons in a monochromatic colorway look fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at FMS!

Patt H. said...

Beautiful cards! I love the soft colors on the feathers card!