"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Spellbinders Heart Melange Doily Dies

Hello!  Wow... seems like ages since I last posted!  I'm popping in today with a quick post to share a card that I made with some really creative dies from Spellbinders.  The dies were created by Becca Feeken for Spellbinders and they were kind to send me two different sets of dies to work with.  Today I am sharing a card that I made with the Heart Melange Doily set.   The set consists of three dies and an insert that can be removed so you can create solid die cuts as well as the doily look.   To create a complete doily you die cut approximately 10 individual pieces.  Each piece has score lines that you fold to create a little 'dog ear' as Becca called it.  There are also slits in each piece that allow you to link them together to form the doily.  I cut five pieces from pink cardstock and five pieces from a rose gold metallic cardstock from Tonic Studios.   I then alternated each piece to create my doily.  (A video can be found here that shows how to create a doily).   I applied a little glue to each joint to give the doily a little more stability.   The completed doily is quite large (approximately 5") so to finish the card I created a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card base and then a rose gold mat at 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 and a white cardstock mat at 5 x 5.  I also used a circle Kaleidoscope die set to create the little center piece and then foiled the sentiment in pink foil with my Glimmer hot foil system.  The sentiment was die cut with a banner die and adhered to the center.  I will be giving this card to my niece at her bridal shower in July.  She is supposed to be getting married in September.  Don't forget that Spellbinders is have a huge sale right now.  Just click on the banner to see all the great deals!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a beautiful look from that doily die, Rosemary!! Just love it over the layered mats too!! Your niece will love it!!

Lisa Elton said...

So delicate and lovely Rosemary, this is wonderful!

Greta said...

Incredibly creative die which you've used to make a gorgeous keepsake for your niece, Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

STUNNING card, love the die, so intricate and beautiful, especially in your chosen colours.
Take care
Faith x

Anita in France said...

So creative and elegant, Rosemary ... with such delicate texture and dimension! Looks as though it should be in a box frame! Hugs, Anita :)