"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, August 9, 2020

have a beautiful day...

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I'm popping in with a card for a couple of challenges:  Color Throwdown and Fab Friday.  I finally created a card using the super sweet Sketched Florals stamp and die set from Reverse Confetti.   I stamped all the little floral images multiple times using VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then stamped all the solid parts of each image using inks from Catherine Pooler (Coral Cabana, Samba and Blue Suede).   Die cut everything with the matching dies.  I created a wreath using two circle dies from A Jillian Vance Design and then layered on all of the floral images.  I finished the wreath off with a little bow tied from white twine.  I was going to use the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, but determined the wreath was a little too big and would have looked weird so I went with the layout from Fab Friday.  I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set in the Nocturne ink after diecutting the panel using the largest Stitched Dot rectangle die from AJVD.  The panel was popped up on a white cardstock base with foam tape and then I adhered the wreath using glue.  Ended up a little heavy on the blue, but I love how fresh and crisp the card looks!  Adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use your favorite tool.   I used one of my favorite tools:  my stamp positioner!



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think you added just the right amount of blue to your wreath! This is pretty Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

Just lovely, Rosemary ... love how you used that gorgeous blue for the leaves ... such a great take on the colour combo! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous take on the color scheme, Rosemary! Just love the blue for the leaves of your beautiful wreath!! Finished off perfectly with the double bow of string twine!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY Beautiful and a gorgeous stamp making a wonderful card Rosemary.
Faith x

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful wreath and our sketch shows it off perfectly! I tried to use this colors this weekend too but could not for the life of me come up with anything pleasing. You did a great job on both. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

Wow, Rosemary, that wreath is spectacular! Love those colors together, and your CAS card SINGS! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

TK said...

Ohhhh loving this card and colors, Rosemary! This is fantastic

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! Stunning way to use those shades!