"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

purple leaf...

Hello!  Hope your week is off to a great start.  I'm popping in with a quick post sharing a card that I made for a few challenges:  CAS(E) this Sketch, Sunday Stamps and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.   The colors for the current Sunday Stamp challenge were so pretty I just couldn't pass them up and they included blue so it was a great fit for the Simon Says Stamp challenge, as well.  I pulled out one of my favorite Concord & 9th stamp and die sets Thankful Leaves turnabout set.  I used three shades of blue and a light gray for all the stamping.  Once the piece was stamped I die cut it with the sort of diamond shape die from the C9 Blooms Fill In stamp and die set.   I adhered that to a white cardstock panel that I die cut with an AJVD die and trimmed off the excess.  I die cut the leaf from purple glitter cardstock (purple is one of the colors in the SS color combo) and adhered that to the stamped piece.  The sentiment is also from Thankful Leaves.  I stamped it with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne, trimmed it out and adhered it to the center of the leaf.  I finished off with some sequins in shades of blue and a little bow made from a dark blue twine.



Must acknowledge that the team at CTS picked the last card I entered as a favorite!  How fun is that?! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Anita in France said...

Soft, CAS and lovely, Rosemary ... the shimmer on the leaf is gorgeous! Congratulations on your shoutout at CTS! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Saw this on IG, but now I see a lot more of what you did. Totally love this beautiful card, Rosemary! Perfect use of the colors!

Heather said...

Love this, Rosemary, what a gorgeous sparkly leaf! Such a fun take on our colors, and I love your eclectic layout! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

Just beautiful! Your images are perfect with the colors, love your deign design too. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh this is a beautiful take on the sketch! I like your lavender leaf!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Fabulous take on the sketch ROsemary, love the colours and the beautiful leaf.
Faith x