"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Simon Says Stamp Let's Connect Release

Hello everyone!  You probably already know, but Simon Says Stamp has a new release called Let's Connect.   You can find the new release here.   Simon was so kind and sent me the really sweet Anna's Flowers stamp set.  I created three cards using the set.  First up is a card that I did some watercoloring on.  One of the flowers in the set really lends itself to doing faux no line watercoloring (at least I think that is what is called!).  I stamped the flower across a panel of watercolor cardstock at varying heights using Old Paper distress ink.  I then applied clean water to the petals and colored them with Pick Raspberry and Abandoned Coral distress inks.  The leaves and stems came from another old Simon Says Stamp set and were colored in the same manner.   Once that portion of the coloring was done and dry I added in grass and a sky using Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean distress ink.  The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark watermark ink and then embossed with WOW embossing powder in Ebony.   It was trimmed down to a strip, wrapped around the card and secured on the back.   I adhered the panel to a white cardstock.  I'm really pleased with how this turned out.

The second card is very simple.  I stamped the large sunflower like image on off white cardstock using four different yellow inks from Altenew.  It is a little hard to tell that I used four, but I did, lol!  The panel was die cut down with a rectangle die.  I arranged where I wanted the sentiment to be and then stamped it with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink.   I used some bright yellow twine to create a border on either side of the sentiment and then added a little bow using the same twine.  The panel was then adhered to a kraft cardstock base.  Clean and simple!  I think this one is my favorite of the three.







The final card didn't turn out exactly how I thought it would, but it was fun to create!  I started by randomly stamping three of the sunflower like images on white cardstock with various different yellow inks (the same inks used on the second card).   I then prepped the cardstock with an antistatic powder and stamped over the images with watermark ink.  I didn't get them exactly over each image, but I wasn't going for perfection.   I then applied a dark yellow/orange ink over the top and the wiped off the excess ink.  I split the panel and adhered then to a kraft cardstock base leaving a gap that I used to wrap some twine around and tied in a bow.  The sentiment was stamped on a small tag using VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then inked with the same ink that I used for the background of the panel.  That was then adhered to the card front.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three floral beauties, Rosemary! Just love your soft watercolor for card one and the bright yellows on the other two!!

Lisa Elton said...

Three wonderful cards Rosemary! I love the breezy feel of the first one!

Greta said...

You are making this set sell--haha! Love all your cards, Rosemary! The second one is so cool with the twine framing the sentiment!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! ingenious and beautiful designs Rosemary. Gorgeous cards each with its own special touch.
Faith x

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous showcase, Rosemary ... each of these floral cards is just lovely ... I'm especially taken with the second ... love all those soft yellows against the off white! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Three wonderful cards, and they're all perfect in their own rite!