"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, May 26, 2023

happy birthday...

Hello!  Popping in with a card that I made for Color Throwdown and I will also be posting it to Seize the Birthday even though I don't really think my card fits the extra theme of make it pop.  Anyway, take a look at what I made.


Last year I bought the Artistically Inked stamp and die bundle from Stampin Up.  I used it once and then like most things I purchase it got put away.  When I saw the pretty CTD color combo I thought about the Artistically Inked bundle and how I could make the colors work.  I think things turned out pretty well.  I used one of the dies from the set as a background for the flowers and leaves.  It was cut from Crumb Cake (kraft) cardstock and adhered to a white die cut rectangle.  I stamped several of the floral images from the set using Pinkfresh Studio Ballet Slippers ink and the leaves using Altenew Silverstone ink.  They were die cut and then layered on the background piece.  I stamped the sentiment in Silverstone and die cut it.  I tied a bow from some light brown bakers twine adhered it to the card and then layered the sentiment on top.    I finished with some Rock Candy stickles glitter glue on the flowers.   I will also post this at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge since they are asking for a sentiment to be added.




Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So soft and lovely, Rosemary! A wonderful way to say happy birthday!

Barbara said...

I love the soft and delicate colors on your card. It is a nice creative design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

For me, that background die really makes the layered flower pop, Rosemary - gorgeous!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very delicate and Stunning Rosemary, the colours certainly work and each element is perfect.
Faith x

TK said...

Beautiful use of the colors, and the soft, subtle flowers are glorious. I love the outline die used as a pretty perch for your bouquet

Nancy said...

This is so pretty, Rosemary! I think it does fit the topping at Seize the Birthday-Make it Pop as your layers make quite a bit of dimension. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Greta said...

Beautifully feminine card--love it!