"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, May 4, 2024

simply flowers...

 Hello!  Hope your weekend is going well.  I have two cards to share today for several different challenges.  Both cards are pretty clean and simple.  Let's take a look at what I made.


This card is heading off to the Just Us Girls challenge to use lavendar, peach and gray.   Those are definitely not colors that I would put together, but that is what a challenge is all about... challenging yourself to do something outside your comfort zone!  I did direct to paper inking to get the colors that I wanted.  For the lavendar color I used Milled Lavendar distress ink, for the peach I used Pinkfresh Studio Peach Fuzz and for the gray I used Weathered Wood distress ink.  The wreath was created using PaperTrey Ink's Into the Blooms wreath die set.  For the background I used the A plate of the Birch Press Design Grace layering die set to emboss the white cardstock.  I then layered on the wreath and all the elements.  I finished with one the Memory Box/Open Studio sentiment tabs.  I will also be posting this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to make a feminine card.





This card is for the Color Hues challenge to use lilac and lime green.  Now, I used Shaded Lilac distress ink for this flower, but to my eye the color looks more like lavendar and the Milled Lavendar on the first card looks more like lilac.  What do you think?  Anywho, I used a Simon Says Stamp floral die called Sunrise Stem and the same direct to cardstock inking that I did on the first card.   The layout for the card comes from the current Sunday Stamps challenge and I used one of my favorite die sets the Memory Box Curved Capped Pinpoint layers die set for the panels.  I layered those on a light gray cardstock base along with the white banner.  The sentiment is another Memory Box/Open Studio sentiment tab. 




That's it for me.   Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


16 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You nailed the challenges, Rosemary! Two fabulous cards. I love what you've done with Bobby's colors for your JUGs entry! Thanks for joining us!

dj said...

1st card...Gorgeous embossing folder...and those floral dies, FANTASTIC!!
2nd card...So very pretty!! More gorgeous floral dies!! Your have an awesome collection!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our “Front & Center” sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Deb Horst, DT #SSC334

Carol said...

Both cards are so pretty! I love all the texture in the first one and how it is so soft and sweet for our color challenge at Just Us Girls this week. The second one is great with all the layers and I love your colors. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!!!

Greta said...

Love both cards, Rosemary, but the first has my heart! I never tire of wreaths and this one is a beauty! Thinking it has to go on my wishlist! Those Memory Box sentiments are wonderful, too, so may "need" them! You always inspire me, my friend!

TK said...

Two wonderful cards!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful clean card with detailed die-cut - they make them so lovely these days. The fresh bright spring colors bring your card to life. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Nancy said...

Two gorgeous cards, Rosemary! Love the first one's colors and that fun background and as for card number two, it's just a stunning card. You have the skills for classy CAS! Thanks for playing at Color Hues.

Bobby said...

I love that you made your own colored cardstock for these challenges, Rosemary. The wreath is so soft and pretty and that embossing encircles it perfectly. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.
I love that Sunrise Stem die and it looks wonderful with all the layers behind it.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree about challenges, putting us out of our comfort zone, you've smashed it with the beautiful and unusual mix of colours for your first card Rosemary, I love it. Your second card is enhanced by using the sketch, so very clever and beautiful. x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wreath atop the embossed BPD on card one, Rosemary, and I love the single blossom for the sketch on card two!!

Greta said...

Congrats on the shout out at JUGS!

Stef Perry said...

Both are such pretty cards Rosemary! No worries at the color on the CH card, we play with hues of color. I love the die cut flower and your fab CAS design! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary your card shave always brought a smile to my face! I love the colours for JUGS and the embossed background! Your CH bloom is perfection, it works so well with the sketch! I always see my ink colours differently--lol, I think you chose great shades for both the challenges! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Jeanne H said...

Truly lovely wreath card, I just love it. Thanks for sharing how you did your cards.

Claire Broadwater said...

I love that gorgeous purple flower and your clean take on the sketch! So lovely! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Greta said...

Congrats on the win at Color Hues!