"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, May 18, 2024

two cards...

 Hello!  Popping in to share two cards that I made for several challenges.  First up is a card I made for Color Throwdown and the May Pinkfresh Studio challenge of flowers.  Take a look.


I have had the Pinkfresh Studio Charming Floral Border set of products for along time and I think have only used it once.  Shame on me because how sweet is it?  I stamped the image twice and then used the stencils to color the flowers using Pinkfresh Studio inks.  When I initially did the stenciling of the purples the second shade was too close in color to the first one use so I had to re-stencil the image using a darker purple.   Didn't have to do that with the oranges and the aquas.  Once the stenciling was done I die cut the borders with the matching die.  I die cut additional borders from scrap cardstock to adhere behind the stenciled ones to give them more substance.  There were adhered to my favorite PFS Sparkling Diamonds cover plate die.  I decided that I didn't want to cover up any of the pretty stenciling I did so I used a sentiment from the Charming Borders set that I embossed in black on vellum and then trimmed down with a sentiment strip die.  I finished with these little clear droplets that I have.  I don't know where they came from, but I sure do like them!



This next card is for Freshly Made Sketches and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  Take a look.


I found the FMS sketch to be a bit of a challenge for me.  I wanted to use patterned paper for the card and used some green and blue plaid paper from a Memory Box 6x6 pad.  I die cut the center rectangle and then flipped the paper over to cut the strips from the other side.  I think I got my strips too close to the center rectangle, but no going back now, lol!  The center rectangle was popped up with foam squares and the strips around the rectangle with thin foam squares.  I had previously inked up some white cardstock with brown and blue distress oxide inks (vintage photos, gathered twigs and blueprint sketch) so I used those to die cut my little Birch Press Design Budding Twigs from those.  Some of the pieces have alot of inking and some only a little.  I liked the variation it provided.  I adhered the twigs together and then attached them to the center rectangle.  I finished with the twine bow and an Open Studio "happy birthday" sentiment tab.  


That's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fab cards, Rosemary! Love the colors on your stenciled piece - really fills the card nicely!! Great take on the sketch too - so want if you made the artistic choice to snuggle up the plaids - love them & the sweet sprigs!!

TK said...

Both of your cards are fantastic! I'm not sure why the challenge was tough because it appears that you aced it, from my view, Rosemary. The first card is very pretty, prettily colored but the second pulls me right in!

Lisa Elton said...

I do love the way you've used those colors, Rosemary! Pretty card. Cute take on the sketch too. The plaid are fun!

Broni said...

Beautiful floral card and use of the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Greta said...

Absolutely love the first card--beautiful and eye-catching! Fun 2nd card using that sketch!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such marvellous and very different cards Rosemary, both have their beauty, love the flower border stamps and dies, on your first one, and how you used them, plus the beautiful sentiment. Your second is a great play on the sketch with the pretty plaid colours and the really lovely spray and the pretty bow. x

Cécile RIBON said...

Two gorgeous floral designs and great takes on both challenges. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Rosemary! I especially love how you used the patterned papers!

Congratulations you have won the $25 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your voucher
Luv
Lols x x x