"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, May 25, 2024

two simple cards...

 Hello and happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone here in the US.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and Memorial Day.  Our weather isn't so great this weekend (unfortunately typical for the Pacific Northwest!), but we will still have a good time!   I'm popping in to share two pretty simple cards that I made for a couple of challenges.   Let's have a look at card #1.


This card is for Color Hues (use coral and teal) and the Pinkfresh Studio May challenge of flowers.  I don't often make two cards for challenges hosted by papercrafting companies, but I had just gotten the pretty Pinkfresh Studio Amazing Things stamp, die and stencil set.  I'm on a mission to use products at least once right after I get them and so here we are, lol!  I stamped the image and then stenciled the flowers with Pinkfresh Studio inks in Coral Reef and Passionfruit and distress ink ink Abandoned Coral.  The leaves were stenciled with Pinkfresh Aquamarine and Teal Cave inks.  I used a PFS scalloped rectangle die to cut light gray cardstock and then adhered the stem to the frame before adhering it to the white cardstock base.  I finished with a sentiment from the Amazing Things stamp set that I die cut with the matching die and popped up.




This next card for the current Color Throwdown challenge is super simple.  I don't think I have made a card this simple in a very long time, lol!


  The colors for this week's CTD challenge are olive, grey and white.  Perfect for a masculine card.  I make birthday cards for my mom to give to her grand and great-grand children so this one will be going to her to give to my son who is turning 18 in just a couple of weeks.   I can't believe he will be 18!  Seems like it wasn't that long ago he was heading off to kindergarten!  Time sure does fly.  Anyway, I did direct to paper inking with Crushed Olive and Weathered Wood distress inks to get my colors.  I have been going thru my craft supplies, again, to determine what I need to purge and came across this little circular die with the trees in it from Simon Says Stamp.  Don't know the name of it, but it sure is cute.  I die cut the trees from the Crushed Olive panel and then die cut that with a square die.   I used the same square die to cut the Weathered Wood panel and then adhered the two together using thin foam squares.   I added it to a white die cut panel and then added the Memory Box birthday sentiment tab.  Like I said, super simple!

That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!



10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love your pretty floral card and your super simple card! You have me looking at this PF set again... might have to go shopping! Seems like just yesterday that ours was 18... now he's married and a daddy!!

TK said...

A floral beauty, and a peaceful nature pose -- both are pretty! I remember when my kids hit 18, it just all goes so fast.

P.S. I believe your die is SSS Evergreen Circle (I have it too)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous floral spray with the double scalloped frame, Rosemary! Love your take on the grey, olive, white challenge too - a tough combo but you nailed it!!

Stef Perry said...

Both cards are lovely, Rosemary. I have the die you used for the CTD challenge but it's been forever since I've used it and now you've inspired me to do so! Love the delicate flowers in the CH colors so beautifully framed. A gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Karen said...

Both cards are lovely. I'm alway a fan of CAS deigns and I'd qualify both of yours that way. The PFS floral is absolutely gorgeous and I love the way you've framed it. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Karen said...

Both cards are lovely! I'm a fan of CAS designs, and I see both of your cards as CAS. The PFS floral is absolutely gorgeous, and I love the way you've framed it. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary great cards that PF is on its way to me and looks great in these colours! Rosemary same here they were littles yesterday but my son is 29 and my baby girl will be 27 in a couple weeks! How?? Love your clean and simple, I tend not to make them as often either but it's still perfect. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

JulieP said...

Lovely cards! I really love the framed detail on the one for our challenge. The design is wonderful. Thanks so much for playing with my colors here at Color Hues!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the mix of colours and the wonderful design of your first card Rosemary, your second card is CAS fabulous. I love how you have used the difficult combo of colours. x

Greta said...

These are great, Rosemary! Love that rectangle frame & the sweet floral image for card one! Direct to paper for the colors you needed worked perfectly! Just love the look of your 2nd card!