"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, June 15, 2015

enjoy today..

Hey friends!!  Popping in with a little card I made late on Sunday night.  The last few days have been busy with parties for my little guy, Gabriel, who turned 9 this past Sunday (June 14th).  We wrapped up the weekend with dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Jimmy Macs.  When we got home I decided to unwind from all the activity by make a card using the June Viva La Verve week 2 sketch.   I used some lovely papers from the My Mind's Eye On Trend.  I love the beautiful soft colors and touches of gold in this set of papers.  I paired them up with the delicate bluebells image from the Verve set Framed Florals.  The label image and sentiment are from the Verve set Small Packages.  Both the frame and the bluebells were die cut with their companion dies. I used some PTI Ocean Tides ink to stamp the labels image, as well as the outline image for the bluebells.  The solid portion of the bluebells was stamped using Simon Says Stamp Pale Blush Pink.  I added some stitching down the side using one of the PTI stitching lines die and gold metallic thread.  In order to make sure that the doily didn't shift while I was adding the stitching with the die I did tack the doily down with a little bit of adhesive.  After I had finished stamping everything I decided to add some overstamping using Delicate Golden Glitz ink... love the subtle gold sparkle it added.  Verve is having a release this month... can't wait to see what lovely stamps they have in store for us!!   Going to post this to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge... I think this would be a great card to send to a friend!

 

 
 Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:   PTI soft stone, Recollections white; PP:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps and dies:  Verve; Inks:  VersaFine Onyx Black, SSS Pale Blush Pink, PTI Ocean Tides, Delicata Golden Glitz; DMC gold metallic thread

18 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Oh, my! The sketch looks so complicated but you nailed it! The bg pp is so pretty with the touch of gold!

Canonbury creations said...

Fab card Rosie, love the layout and the soft colour palette. The stitching with the metallic thread is lovely. Apologies for my lack of commenting lately it's been busy and we are now having two very hot lazy weeks in Crete!
Val x

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely, soft and feminine Rosemary!! My mom celebrated her 75th on Sunday!! Happy birthday to your little guy ;)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
This is a card that would appeal to many, the muted palette is warm and friendly, adding the stitching creates not only interest but texture and the onlooker will instantly want to touch it. Adding a tactile element is always a plus in my book.
Smiles:)
Sue

Petra Swart said...

So lovely, soft and feminine, Rosemary!!!! Love the little bits of gold to give such lovely shine!!! Really beautiful!!!
Have a great week!!!!

HJ said...

You are amazingly talented to have created this beautiful card after a busy weekend. I love all the different elements and colors. It is truly awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Carol D said...

What a beautiful, feminine card! Love all the layers.

Greta said...

It surely would be a wonderful card to send a friend, Rosemary--absolutely gorgeous! You still have my address, right?!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous, intricate details, Rosemary! I love the gold details with your beautiful colors!

Viv said...

This is so lovely Rosie, another triumph!I love the soft gentle colours you used too.Sorry my commenting has been absent lately, life took over alas! Thanks for the congrats on our new granddaughter too, pics soon ;) hugs Viv xx

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous Rosemary... totally love it

Deepti said...

Oh my this is so very pretty :)

Lisa Lara said...

So soft, beautiful and elegant Rosi!

Anita in France said...

This is just so lovely, Rosemary ... love how you've picked up the soft, feminine colours from the background DP in your flowers ... and the gold highlights in the stitching ... simply gorgeous! Anita :)

Martha said...

OH, what a beautiful card this is, Rosemary!
I love the pretty papers & gold touches.
You certainly rocked the sketch.

Greta's comment made me laugh.
I suppose she will be pleasantly surprised when she receives it. LOL!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my! This is so very lovely! Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!