"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, June 22, 2015

let's chill...

Hey friends!!   We are having some amazing weather here in the Puget Sound.  So happy that our June has been so nice especially since we just hosted the US Open golf championship.  I'm not especially into golf, but it was kinda fun watching the final rounds yesterday.  While I watched said US Open I made a couple of cards and this is one of them.  I have been trying to figure out something to make for the current Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  When I saw the new Paper Players challenge (Clean and Simple Summer Treats) I finally found the right inspiration.   One of last crafty purchases from Reverse Confetti included the Let's Chill stamp and die set.  So I pulled that out and got to work.   I went monochromatic and used a pretty aqua (Stampin Up!'s Coastal Cabana) colored ink and patterned paper.  The Let's Chill dies include one to cut out rectangles in the ice cream bars allowing you to back the bar with a contrasting color.   After die cutting the main part of the ice cream bar I stamped the image and then cut out the center and backed each one with a second ice cream bar cut from silver glitter paper.  Love that cute little star garland (also from Reverse Confetti).  Layered everything up on the white card base and I was done.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; Patterned paper:  Stampin Up!;  Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Dies:  Reverse Confetti and Spellbinders; Ink:  Stampin Up! and VersaFine Vintage Sepia, Hero Arts Cup o' Joe; DCWV silver glitter paper

16 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Rosemary, this is just fabulous!!!! I love how you backed the Coastal Cabana with silver glimmer paper! SO FUN! The star garland is perfect, too! I am so glad you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

stampwithsandy said...

Great monochromatic card, Rosemarie! I love the shade of blue, the adorable ice pops, and of course the glitter paper. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the extra touch of added sparkle Rosemary, this is so cute!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players!

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a super-SWEET & fun card this is!
There are so many lovely details to admire!

OH, I agree, the final rounds were so much FUN to watch.
My dear hubby was in golf-heaven.
SO happy for Jordan Spieth (a former Texas Longhorn).
Hope he continues to be a good role-model.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
What a fun card, and a very appropriate sentiment as it is freezing here in Auckland today.
Smiles:)
Sue

Unknown said...

I love the sparkle in your Popsicles and the stars behind them.

laurie said...

Awesome! I love the coastal cabana (my fave color) and the sweet ice pops. The stars are a fun touch, too! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

Linda said...

Awesome card Rosemary. I am enjoying this fabulous weather we have been having too.

Nancy said...

Such a FUN card, Rosemary! Love those sparkly popsicles and you are right, this aqua color is lovely!

Greta said...

Love the monochromatic color scheme & that star border is just wonderful! Great idea to back the ice cream bars with the silver glitter paper! This is darling & perfectly crafted, Rosemary! We sure are having ice cream weather!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely monochromatic card and love how you used the star borders. Great idea to put sivler on the popsicles.

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious, Rosemary ... love the fresh icy look of the minty/aqua monochrome ... so delicious! Anita :)

Deepti said...

The popsicles with the shimmer looks so stunner, fabulous design as always !

Jaydee said...

Only one word. STUNNING! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is soooo yummy and soooo cool, Rosemary!!!!! Oh, I love it!!!! The minty colour is just fabulous and the silver glitter paper really looks lovely!!!! The star garland is so fun and perfect here!!!! Have I said I LOVE this card??!!!! Beautiful, Rosemary!!!!

~amy~ said...

Gotta love minty popsicles!
Thanks for playing with us at SFYTT!