"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

life is but a dream...



{for my Precious Remembrance Shop and A Jillian Vance Design post click here}

Hey friends!!  Made a quick little card this morning for a couple of challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches and CASology: Nautical.   Originally I was going to use some images from a couple of Verve set, but as I was rummaging around in my craft drawer I came across this sweet little sailboat sticker that my friend, Greta, sent to me in a little packet of goodies.  So perfect for the CASology challenge!  I trimmed down a piece of Ranger watercolor paper and added a wash of light blue color using my Gansi Tambi water colors.  Thank fully I had some PTI Blueberry Sky cardstock that was a pretty good match to the blue in the boat!  I used a cute little scalloped border die from Top Dog to cut the Blueberry Sky for the borders on either side of the main panel. The sentiment from the Verve set Learning to Sail was stamp using VersaFine Onyx Black.    To give the main panel a bit more stability and dimensional lift I used fun foam (using fun foam can also help keep the water color piece from warping).  Mounted the panel on a white card base and then added the little sailboat sticker.  Super simple and rather cute don't you think?   I'm also adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.

Finally I have something unexpected and fun that happened today.  I opened up my monthly email from Stampington & Company to see they had included one of my cards in the write up for one of their current submission calls for Stampers Sampler Take Ten!



Thanks for stopping by today...
 
Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white, PTI Blueberry Sky; Ranger Watercolor paper; Doodlebug sailboat sticker; Stamps:  Verve; Ink:  VersaFine; Gansi Tambi watercolors; Top Dog border die


23 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Well this is just as sweet as can be!! Congrats on your publication ~ YIPPEE!!

Hannelie said...

I often think of nautical in a bold and bright way... but I LOVE this softer pastel look you created.
Congrats with the publication!
Well deserved!

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, this is just SO adorably SWEET!
It made me smile. Every detail is just perfect.
Sure looks like a "Winner" to me.

Congrats on your fun-unexpected discovery.
You ROCK!

Greta said...

I love how you used that sticker, Rosemary! You're making great use of those paints--wonderful card! No surprise Stampington would include your card--congrats!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card and AWESOME news!!!

Leni said...

Beautiful!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card. Amazing design. Love the darling sail boat.

VanessaB said...

looooooooooove this card!

Unknown said...

Love your boat and congrats on being published.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my goodness...this is such a sweet card! I love how you played with the sketch and your boat is fabulous! Loving the scalloped borders, too! You never cease to amaze me, Rosemary!

I Card Everyone said...

... and this is a real sweetheart of a card, Rosie!
=] M

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Rosie, so perfectly CAS too. Well done on getting published also ;) Viv xx

Linda Callahan said...

This is super sweet.....love the watercolor wash! So glad you shared it at FMS!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous! I love that sweet little boat :)

Ardyth said...

Fantastic combination of the challenges, Rosemary! Love all the white space and the scalloped borders! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Cindy Lovell said...

Fabulous card!! Great CAS design!!!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card! Love that little sailboat! So sweet! Great sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anita in France said...

So sweet, Rosemary ... love the dreaminess of the soft sea and all that open space ... perfect with the sentiment! Congratulations on your happy mail and publication! Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I LOVE this card, Rosemary!!!! The little bit of watercolouring, the scalloped borders, all the white space, the lovely sentiment and the very, very sweet little boat all just makes this card a winner!!!! A CAS masterpiece, Rosemary!!!!

Gillian R said...

Super sweet card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Suchi said...

How Cute!! :)
Suchi xx

Scrappy Géri said...

Your card is so beautiful ! I love this little boat!

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at Casology--well-deserved!