"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 26, 2015

this hope...

Hello friends!!   Popping with a card I made using the 4th sketch for the June Viva La Verve challenge and the current color palette from ColourQ.    I will also be posting this to the current Word Art Wednesday challenge and the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.  I'm trying to use more of my huge stash of 6x6 paper pads and so I hunted around and found the My Mind's Eye Moments pad that contained pretty much all the colors in the ColourQ palette.  I did another very literal interpretation of this VLV sketch.  Sometimes I like to take a bit of license with a sketch, but this sketch was one I just felt like playing it safe with.  I used the Verve set Strong Anchor and the company die set.  The anchor was stamped using Stampin Up! Soft Sky and the sentiment was stamped using Stampin Up! Marina Mist.   The pale blue cardstock is Simon Says Stamp Sea Glass the closest cardstock color I had to Soft Sky.  We continue to have nice sunny weather so I was able to take my photo outside.  I did have to act quick, though because I has gotten rather windy!  I have never played along with The Challenge and since the theme this time is nautical I thought I would post this card there, as well.

 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today...
 
Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white; Simon Says Stamp Sea Glass; Stamps:  Verve; Dies:  Verve and Spellbinders; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye
 
 

15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your layers of patterns, this is cute!

Jen Mitchell said...

Fabulous mix of patterns! Great card! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Amber Hight said...

This is fantastic, Rosemary!! I love how you stuck to the sketch, yet you really made it your own:) Wonderful colors and design, I love it! Thanks for playing along on the VLV Sketch blog!

walchowDesign said...

Great card with beautiful pp!

Unknown said...

I'm quite sure these are the smartest circles out there. Who knew they could be so striking? Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 189th Challenge. We appreciate you very much.
Blessings, Carole

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!

Greta said...

Such a fun sketch & I love how you used the papers! Wonderful card, Rosemary!

Petra Swart said...

I love your mix of patterned papers, Rosemary!!! The colours are really beautiful and the verse is so lovely!!! Beautiful!!!!
Have a great Sunday!!!

Anita in France said...

What lovely patterns and colours, Rosemary ... and a beautiful verse ... such a pretty card! Anita :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, love how you used the pretty papers.
Beautiful card & colors.

Kim Heggins said...

Love your card and all those beautiful pieces of patterned paper, so fun! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautifully done. Perfect take on the sketch and colors. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

Jingle said...

This is lovely. Great combination of patterns. Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome take on the sketch and I really love how you paired your papers on this card! You always do an amazing job with patterns and colors, and it really inspires me...Thanks!

Deepti said...

I wish I had the patterned paper sense like you ;) love this card