"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 13, 2020

green leaves... and flowers!

Hey there!  I hope everyone is staying safe during this uncertain time!  My kiddos are both officially out of school for the next month.   Thankfully it seems our school district has tried to be proactive about everything and we already have information on ways to keep our kids engaged in learning!  Yay!  Anyway... I have a card to share that I made for several challenges:  CAS(E) this Sketch, Color Throwdown, Time Out and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challengeTime Out is celebrating their 6th birthday!  Time sure does fly when you are having fun, right?  So they want birthday themed projects and they have a "twist" option of fussy cutting.   I was able to get my hands on the Simon Says Stamp March card kit, but not the matching dies so I was able to get that option in on my card.  Like many crafters I have lots of different coloring options.  One of them is Copic markers.  I jumped on that bandwagon and purchased quite a few pens.  I tried working with the pens and even took a Copic coloring class, but eventually I fell off that bandwagon as I just was never comfortable coloring with them.  But recently I have been watching a few videos by the incredibly talented Kelly Latevola and in one of them she mentioned that she had a list of color combos.  That has always been my biggest stumbling block... figuring out color combos.  So, the other day I copied down some of her combos and I used one for today's card.   I stamped the long vine image from the Stronger Together stamp set from the kit in Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored the leaves with the green combo of YG03, G05, G17 and G28.   I then stamped the little single flowers from the set in Tuxedo Black (2 of the larger one, 1 of the smaller) and colored them with the same combo.  Those were fully cut out and the edges colored with a Tuxedo Black marker.  I die cut the panel with the leaves, stamped the sentiment from another SSS set and then popped up the little flowers.   Thanks to watching all those videos and Kelly's color combo I think my coloring turned out pretty well!  This is also going to the Simon Says Stamp flickr challenge.




Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch Rosemary! I love everything about your perfectly CAS card!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a lovely CAS design and such a great take on the throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us this week at CTD!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Rosemary! Take care and hope you all continue to stay well!!

Greta said...

Beautiful coloring & neat card, Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

I'd say your colouring turned out better than pretty well, Rosemary ... it's just beautiful ... so fresh and crisp and CAS ... and gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out ... and sharing our 6th birthday celebration! Hugs, Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE your colouring on this green, so much shading, it's a beautiful card.
I'm not sure if it's only Copics you think about as colour combos, but I find the https://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/ has great combinations to start ideas going. I probably need more help than you LOL.
Faith x

Joyce said...

Absolutely stunning card. Your coloring and different shades of green is really wonderful. Have fun with those kiddos at home! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

TK said...

Amazing card and great use of the sketch! Your coloring looks pretty stunning to me, Rosemary!

Gerrina said...

This card looks so serene and still so bold and CAS; great design! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!