"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 15, 2020

more copic coloring...

Hello!  Popping in with a card for a few challenges and as my post title indicates I did some more coloring with my Copic markers.  I'm going to post this card to the following challenges:  The Flower Challenge (anything goes), Freshly Made Sketches and Time Out (I fussy cut the flower and it is a birthday card).  I have always been scared of coloring with reds.  They can be so unforgiving if they bleed and you try to clean it up.  But I decided to be brave and color with a red combo courtesy of Kelly Latevola.   The flower I used is from the A Jillian Vance Design Dear Daisy stamp set.  I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored it with the following markers:  R32, R35, R29 and R59. The center was colored with Y02 and Y08 and the leaf with YG03, YG05, G17 and G28.  I fussy cut the flower out and then outlined the flower and cleaned up the white edges with a black Mircon pen.   I kept everything regarding the sketch very simple as I really wanted the flower to be the focus.  The sentiment is also from A Jillian Vance Design (Make A Wish) and the dies I used are also AJVD.  I must say that I'm really pleased with my coloring.  I managed to create a consistent highlight area on the petals giving them a slightly rounded look.  Never thought I would be able to do something like that!




Thanks for stopping by today... stay safe and well!

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love that pretty bloom against the black panel! This is fantastic Rosemary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just adore that jumbo flower on the large black strip, Rosemary - so striking!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow! What a wonderful, eye popping, colorful card, Rosemary! The black and white contrast really makes this pop (although your bloom does not need a lot of help!) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Greta said...

Your flower looks 3D--gorgeous, Rosemary!

sandie said...

Beautiful colouring and love the design-adore the shading and the vibrant colours. Thanks for joining Time Out

Kim S said...

This is such a stunning flower - beautifully colored! I love how it pops on the black strip! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Anita in France said...

Bold, vibrant and so pretty, Rosemary ... your colouring is fabulous ... you created such dimension on that lovely bloom! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at our 6th birthday celebrations at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a Gorgeous Striking card, LOVE your colouring and the red and black.
Faith x

Small Talk Mama said...

I love the intense color of this color. The flower really pops!

Jen Mitchell said...

I think your coloring is spot on! I love the bold flower against the black layer. It just pops off the front of your card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

TK said...

Fantastic and beautiful, I love this in red, and I don't believe you need ANY more practice - looks perfect to me :o)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful bloom, and you have colored it so skillfully. I love that orange tab with the sentiment. Thanks for joining our birthday celebration at Time Out.

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Rosie, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx