"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

More Spellbinders Fun!

Hello!  Popping in with a couple of cards that I made with a set of dies that I recently purchased from Spellbinders called Kaleidoscope Petals.  They have several different kaleidoscope die sets and I have most of them.  I just love the look they create.  Since I just got them I wanted to put them to use and so I did... twice!  For the first card I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and the colors from Color Throwdown.   I will also be adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  The die set has three different dies:  a top, middle and bottom.  I cut the top and bottom dies from the same color of cardstock (pink, orange and blue) and the middle one from white.  I then layered all the pieces together and arranged them on a die cut rectangle of white cardstock.    Since I have been using butterflies a lot lately I decided to not use one for this card and instead I die cut a Spellbinders layered flower and leaf from light gray cardstock.  I thought about using white, but I decided to try something a little different by using the light gray and I really like how it turned out.   I stamped the sentiment in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne and then adhered the flower and the leaves.  The panel was adhered to a card base made from the same light gray as the flower and then I finished off the card with tiny sparkling clear Pretty Pink Posh sequins.



The second card is going to the current Sunday Stamps challenge and the Paper Players challenge to use heat embossing.  I only embossed the large sentiment so hopefully that is enough.  I die cut the petals from purple, green and gold mirror cardstock (although in the photo it doesn't look gold) and then adhered them together.  I used a circular kaleidoscope die set to create a piece made from yellow and green cardstock.   I then die cut a strip of white cardstock and then stamped the sentiment (from Spellbinders) in VersaMark watermark ink and then heat embossed in black embossing powder.  That piece was adhered to a white cardstock panel and then I layered on all the petals to make it looked like a half flower finishing it off with the circular piece.   The rest of the sentiment was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne on white cardstock, trimmed down and adhered.



I just want to remind you that the pre-Spring Surprise Bundle offer is still going on at Spellbinders.  You can click here to find out all the details.  The is also a special clearance section where you can get up to 70% off tons of different items.  Click here to go to the sale.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

15 comments:

Greta said...

You're making such great use of your purchases, Rosemary! Good for you not letting them just sit--like my Spellbinders from last year--yikes! OK--you've inspired me to make something with them! I love the gray card front & flower/leaves on the first card & the second is striking & beautiful!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such beautiful cards to showcase your new dies, Rosemary! Wow! I love all of the pretty detail on the images. That embossed sentiment on your second card really pops, too. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Heather said...

Wow, Rosemary - these cards are stunning! Those shapes amaze me, and layering them the way you have is just so gorgeous. I have to admit, I AM partial to the one in our colors, lol, but both of them speak to me! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! These are so Gorgeous, I love the gentleness of the first card and the vibrancy of the second, love how you used the dies.
Faith x

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I just love those petal dies! They are just gorgeous! Such pretty colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Fabulous diecuts, beautiful colors, terrific cards - glad you shared one at Freshly Made Sketches!

LeAnne said...

THese dies are amazing...and you've made amazing cards with them all! Fabulous! That big bold sentiment on your second card works perfectly with those Mardi Gras colors! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Players!

TK said...

Really beautiful, Rosemary, and I love that you used light gray on your first card as it adds so much with the gray base. I wish we could see your gold a bit more, but it is equally pretty anyway

laurie said...

Gorgeous cards...love those pretty dies!Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Anita in France said...

These dies are so pretty, Rosemary ... you've shown them off beautifully with these two designs ... they're both gorgeous ... and wonderfully dimensional! Hugs, Anita :)

Annette Elliott said...

These dies are so cool! I love how you created a flower dressed in the bold colors for this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Jaydee said...

Love those dies and how you used them. Such a striking card. SO glad you joined us at the Players last week
Jaydee

Jacquie Southas said...

What a couple of great cards! Love the soft colors paired with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Really love the look of the neutral flower atop the trio of petals, Rosemary!! Beautiful card!!

Broni said...

These dies are awesome and I just love how you used them!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!