"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 29, 2020

it's a party...

Hello!  Since just like everyone out there I have a lot of time on my hands I decided to try making a slimline card.  Slimline cards are kind of the rage right now and there are tons of fabulous ones out there.  I made this card over the course of two days.   I'm right handed and several years ago I had surgery on my right shoulder.  Most of the issues have been resolved, but I still have to take it a bit easy when it comes to things like coloring or ink blending.  I have to do that sort of thing in stages.  Anyway... I stamped almost all the images from the MFT/Stacey Yacula Sending Sweet Celebration Wishes stamp set in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then let them dry.  Once they were dry I colored everything with my Faber-Castell watercolor pencils and water.  I let everything dry and then die cut them with the matching dies.  That all occurred over the course of the day on Saturday.  I finished up the card on Sunday morning.  I did the ink blending using Antique Linen distress oxide ink leaving the very center without any ink.  I then positioned all my little images so I could determine placement of the sentiment.  At first I was going to have it on the bottom, but then decided to place it in the area I did not ink, but slightly off center.  I stamped it in the same Nocturne ink and then adhered the banners and the little attendees to my little party.  Isn't that turtle just too darn cute?! The image panel was then adhered to my card base with foam tape.  It was a lot of work, but I'm pretty darn pleased with how it turned out!   I'm going to send this card off to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge since it is anything goes.  I just noticed that this would fit the challenge over at the Card Concept as it is full of critters.  I guess my card would be clean and layered.


Thanks for stopping by and stay safe!


6 comments:

Greta said...

Totally adorable & love your coloring, Rosemary! The slim line cards are a fun new look, but I don't want to buy another size envelope. I'll just enjoy seeing what people make.

Julie Gearinger said...

I agree with Greta- this card is adorable!! Love the sweet line-up of animals with the fun banners :-) Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept- we hope you can join us again soon!

Anita in France said...

Your long line of party goers is just adorable, Rosemary ... such wonderfully coloured sweet critters ... so celebratory! Hugs, Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just wonderful, love your colouring and those little critters, love the shape of your card and the background, Love it.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

Holy smokes is this ever CUTE!! Your coloring looks great. What a sweet card!!

TK said...

Adorably cute and fun! Your critters are wonderful, and I love the unblended center to showcase the sentiment! Do you now make the envelope?