"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, October 2, 2020

thankful for you..

 Hello everyone!  Do you like alcohol inks?  I do, but I don't use them often enough.   When I saw the bright, vibrant colors over at Color Throwdown I immediately knew I had to use them for my card.   I used orange and red alcohol inks for my panel and then added in some Tim Holtz Gilded alloy to the mix.  Once the panel was dry I trimmed it down to fit the layout from Freshly Made Sketches.   For the leaf I just used the only alcohol ink I had that was purple in nature - Amethyst.   I also added some Gilded to the mix.  Once that panel was dry I die cut it with the maple leaf die from the A Jillian Vance Design Grand Leaf Trio die set.   To complete the rest of the sketch I trimmed down a piece of off white cardstock and stamped it with a sentiment from a no longer available stamp set from A Jillian Vance Design.  I decided to use VersaFine CLAIR Acorn ink instead of a black ink.  I thought the brown worked better with all the colors.  I adhered the panels with foam tape and then added the leaf using foam tape, as well.  I thought the off white panel was a little plain so I added some clear sequins to give the card a little more interest with out taking anything from the alcohol ink panel and leaf.  Adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, too.



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Rosemary, this is fantastic!

Jen Mitchell said...

These colors are amazing! I absolutely love the purple leaf against the orange and red background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

STUNNING card, beautiful use of the colours Rosemary.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous AI panel, Rosemary, and I love the purple leaf!!

TK said...

Beautiful inspiration, and you nailed it with this beauty!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous colors!! And I love the sparkle - it adds the "frost" that often coats the fabulous fall colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Broni said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Cindy Beach said...

Congrats on your win, this is gorgeous in every way!Beautifully done, love the colors!

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Congratulations on your win. Beautiful card. Love the colors!

Greta said...

Congrats on the well-deserved win at FMS!

TK said...

Congrats, Winner! This is truly a gorgeous card

Anita in France said...

A vibrant beauty, Rosemary ... the rich autumn colours are just so striking with the touches of metallic running through them! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue Duffy said...

Love it!