"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, October 10, 2020

thinking of you...

 Hey there!  Hope you are having a great day!  Our rainy fall weather seems to have finally shown up in my neck of the woods.   That kind of weather makes it easy to stay inside and craft!  I made a card today for a couple of challenges:  Color Throwdown and Fab Friday.    Love the CTD combo this week, but was having a hard time coming up with an idea.  Thankfully the great sketch at Fab Friday came to my rescue!  I die cut some kraft cardstock with an AJVD stitched dot rectangle die and then the little scalloped border with a die from Spellbinders.  I adhered the piece with foam tape and then moved on to the branch.   That is a die from Penny Black and I cut it from watercolor paper and then used watercolors from Altenew and Kuretake to color it.  Two more were cut from scraps and then I adhered all three together.   I had been using my Glimmer hot foiling machine earlier for a several cards that I will be sharing in a few days so I decided to foil a couple of sentiments and see which one I liked best.  I foiled one in black and one in Polished Brass.  Both looked really nice, but I decided to go with black for my card.   I adhered the berry branch and then added my sentiment to finish the card.  Very clean and simple which was exactly what I was going for!




Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

9 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great take on the sketch, Rosemary! Just love how the leaves curl over the kraft panel.

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... love how the berried branch looks as though it's growing over the panel ... deliciously organic! Hugs, Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY Beautiful, an excellent design and use of colours Rosemary.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, this is SO PRETTY!!

Amy Rohl said...

Such a beautiful interpretation of the sketch and mix of the challenge colors! So simple yet so much going on! LOVE this.

Amanda Mertz said...

Lovely use of our sketch! The vine winding down across the label part is just perfect! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Wanda Cullen said...

So simple yet so stunning! Love your take on both the sketch and the colors!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, Rosemary, this is simply stunning! GREAT job on our sketch, so elegant, and I love all your stitched details! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

TK said...

Delicate and beautiful