"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 600 Sketch Celebration!

 Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today Freshly Made Sketches is celebrating their 600th sketch and they asked me and other past "Queen of Clean" winners to participate in the celebration!   Take a look at the sketch and then the card I made. 

Isn't that a great sketch?  Of course it is because all the FMS sketches are great, lol!  Here is how I interpreted the sketch:

For the circular element in the sketch I used the super pretty Thanks for Being There stamp and die set from Pinkfresh Studio.  I stamped the image with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink on watercolor paper and then colored it with my Jane Davenport watercolors.  Once it was dry I die cut it with the matching die.  I'm also going to add this card to the August Pinkfresh Studio challenge (sparkle & shine) so I added some sparkle to my card with leaves die cut from gold glitter cardstock using the Leafy Branch die.  For the background and the strip element I used the Pinkfresh Studio Sparkling Diamonds cover plate die.  I used the gold glitter cardstock for the strip element, as well.  I finished off the card with the sentiment and lots of sparkling gems in the centers of the flowers.   Adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, as well. 


I hope you will play along with the FMS challenge this week.  They have some fun things in store for you.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


15 comments:

Amy O said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the FMS celebration and thank you for inspiring us with your beautiful creations in the FMS gallery.

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting, Rosemary! I always enjoy your takes on their sketches. Today's card is beautiful. Love the flowers you used and the sparkly gold accents!

TK said...

What a beautiful card! I love your interpretation of the sketch, but also the fantastic colors too

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How very beautiful. I love your background too, a fabulous take on the sketch Rosemary.
Faith x

Kim S said...

What a beautiful bouquet - and so gorgeous with the pops of glittery gold! Thank you for playing along with FMS over the years with all of your fabulous cards!

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love the textured background! Lovely card! And I always love what you do with our sketches! Thank yo for being our guest!

Ida said...

Congrats on being a "Guest Designer" for this milestone challenge.
Your card is so elegant. I like the cascade of flowers and the subtle background of the cover plate.

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this beautiful card! The background and the floral images are gorgeous. I'm so happy that you joined us as we celebrate #600 sketches! :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Love this gorgeous bouquet! Your designs are always a treat - thanks for helping us celebrate FMS600 by guest designing this week.

Karren said...

This is gorgeous! I love the way your bouquet trails down the card front. Thanks for guesting with us as we celebrate 600 sketches.

Jen Timko said...

So elegant with the gold and I love all the color on these flowers. Thank you for all the inspiration over the years and for joining us in our 600th sketch celebration!

Jen Brum said...

This card is truly beautiful! I love those flowers and the white and gold is so elegant! Thanks for joining us as a guest designer at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a delightful floral card, it makes such a great way to celebrate our 600th sketch. Thanks so much for being our guest for this milestone and thanks for being a regular player, too. That means a lot to us.

Greta said...

Gorgeous coloring & use of the sketch!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats, Rosemary - fun celebration and I love your take on the sketch!! You've colored the floral spray so beautifully and it's perfect atop the sparkling diamonds coverplate!!