"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, August 3, 2023

magnolia birthday...

 Hello!  Hope that your August is off to a great start.  Honestly, I really can't believe that it is August already.   Things are moving way too fast if you ask me, lol!  Anyway, I'm popping in to share a card that I made for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  Take a look at what I made.


I have been in a bit of a creative slump lately.  Sometimes things come together and sometimes the just don't.   Last week I made a card using the CTD color combo and the FMS sketch that I absolutely hated!  To the point where I didn't even post it because I hated it just that much!  That doesn't often happen, but it was just indicative of where my creatively was at last week... no where, lol!   So when I saw the new sketch and color combo I had to try, again.  I'm happy to say that I do really like the card that I created.  This one uses the Magnolia Blooming Bud die from Memory Box that I purchased several months ago.  It has been sitting on my desk waiting patiently to be put to use.   I used Memory Box white and kraft woodgrain cardstock for parts of the bloom and then created custom colored cardstock for the leaves.  I die cut all the pieces and assembled them using liquid adhesive.  The whole MB magnolia line is gorgeous and so someday I would like to get the other dies.   After the fact I realized that I could have used white woodgrain cardstock to make my custom colored cardstock, but I like the contrast of the smooth leaves with the woodgrain stem and flowers.  I did custom color a piece of the woodgrain cardstock so I could cut a strip from it for the sketch.  I used a Hero Arts ink that was a nice sage green for the custom coloring.   The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Happy Hello stamp set.  



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty, Rosemary! Love the fancy white flower. I would say you are definitely out of your slump!

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I know what you mean about being in a slump. I posted a card I felt I shouldn't have, but it was well received, Or, people were being kind :) I love your card Rosemary, the colour choices were well done and suited the dies perfectly. Love this card.
Faith x

Jacquie Southas said...

I'd say you are through the slump, Rosemary! Love the perfect simplicity of your design. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

TK said...

Really pretty, Rosemary! Great use of the layout, beautiful magnolia and the textures add so much!

Amy O said...

It's so frustrating to be in a slump. I hope this beautiful card helps you to climb out of it and feel confident about all of the fabulous cards you make again! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Broni said...

Beautiful, Rosemary! Great CAS card!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ooo - love the magnolia with that sketch, Rosemary!!

Greta said...

Definitely had your mojo back--beautiful!