"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, August 6, 2023

thanks for everything...

 Hello!  Popping in with a card for a challenge that I don't often get a chance to participate in... JUGs!  But, my friend, Greta, is the guest designer for this month so I was determined to get at least one of their challenges completed!   It helped that it is a color challenge and I love me a good color challenge, lol!  Take a look. 


A few months ago I got a free Sizzix die set when I made a purchase at Scrapbook.com.  I used the die set not long after I received which is rare for me.  I put it away, but it was in a spot where I saw it all the time.  So I decided to use it to make my card.  I was rummaging around and found a Spellbinders honeycomb stencil and decided to use the two products for my card.  I used Pinkfresh Studio Lemon Whip ink to do some partial stenciling and then die cut the panel down using a rectangle die.  I cut the flower and leaves from Spellbinders cardstock in shades of blue and green and then adhered all the pieces.  I determined where I wanted the sentiment (from Simon Says Stamp) and stamped it using VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink.  I then adhered the leaves and flower using a combination of foam squares and liquid adhesive.  


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So happy you found time to play along with us at JUGS, Rosemary! Your card is so pretty, love the bloom and the stenciling!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is a fabulous use of the colors! Love this card. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

ElizStewart said...

Rosemary... what a great freebie! Your card is CAS perfection...love it! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Carol said...

This CAS card packs a whole lot into a serene space! Great use of our colors while so clean and neat! Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week!

Greta said...

Beautiful entry for the challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you used the colours Rosemary, this is a gorgeous flower on a beautiful background, making a gorgeous card.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous layered flower with the honeycomb behind, Rosemary!

TK said...

Perfectly fun and a great use of the challenge colors - plus the honeycomb adds the perfect addition of a bit more yellow and fun