"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 12, 2023

two cards...

 Hello!  I'm popping in to share two cards that I created using my stash of Concord & 9th products.  One card is for Color Throwdown and the other card is for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Hues.   First up is the card for CTD.


I love this pineapple stamp and die set from C9, but often forget that I have it.   I have never been to Hawaii and probably will never get the chance to go, but with the wildfires that have been raging on Maui this set came to mind.  My sister-in-law is Hawaiian and so I checked in with my brother to make sure that her extended family on the island was okay.  Thankfully none of her family or friends appear to have been touched by the fires.   I stamped the pineapple in black ink and then used Pinkfresh Studio inks to stamp all of the images.  I die cut the image and then several blanks of the pineapple to layer behind.  I had a scrap of white cardstock that I had embossed with an embossing folder so I trimmed that down, added a little strip of gold glitter cardstock and adhered it to my card base.  I added the pineapple and the sentiment banner.  You can just barely see it, but I also added a little strip of gold glitter cardstock to the banner.  



I went really simple for the card for FMS and Color Hues.  I used the C9 Eclectic Garden stamp and die set.  I stamped the grid image in both corners using a teal ink from MFT called Tropical Teal on a white cardstock panel.  I die cut the main floral image from white and the flower from orange.  The flowers were adhered and I added the diecut to my panel.  I tried stamping the sentiment on a banner, but it didn't look right so I stamped the sentiment directly on the panel.  Thankfully it stamped perfectly the first time!  I finished off the card with some little clear gems in the center of each flower. 



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


14 comments:

Karen said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! I love the simplicity of your design for the Color Hues challenge. The grid pattern in both corners draws your eye right to the pretty orange flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Hannelie said...

I love everything about your Color Hues entry Rosemary! So beautifully balanced! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful cards! I love your orange flowers with the white stems! The sentiment looks great on the panel and the corners add such interest. Thanks for playing at FMS this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such very beautiful cards, love the floral pineapple and your gorgeous take on the sketch. Good to know the family were safe and well in the awful tragedy in Hawaii.
Faith x

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Rosemary, I' delighted to visit your blog. Both cards are so pretty! I love your take on teal and aqua. It's simple but stunning! We are so glad the you've joined us at Color Hues!

Greta said...

Oh I love your beautiful pineapple card! So glad your SIL's family is OK. What an awful disaster hard to comprehend.

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty floral cards, Rosemary! The pineapple is fantastic and I like the touch of gold you added. Good news that your SIL's family is safe. Your FMS card is my favorite today, WWCD!!

TK said...

So glad to hear that your extended family is safe!
Your cards are beautiful, and a terrific use of the sketch for card #2.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful cards! Love them both! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Cécile RIBON said...

Two beautiful cards! I partcularly love the one for FMS, it is so fresh, so light, fabulous CAS design. Thanks so much for joining us at FMS this week.

Broni said...

Beautiful, as usual, Rosemary!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Jen Timko said...

That grid pattern is such a pretty background for the flowers. What a happy card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! Using the grid pattern for the sketch elements is such a striking effect. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two great cards, Rosemary - that pineapple always makes me smile & I love it atop the crisp white embossed strip! The grids stamped in the two corners on card two are the perfect backdrop for your sweet flowers!!