"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 17, 2017

a couple more cards...

Hello!!  Popping in with a couple of cards to share.  The first card is for the MFT Sketch challenge and Color Throwdown.  When I saw the sketch it made me think of my MFT Geometric Greenery stamp set.  To get all my leaves lined up nicely  I used my mini MISTI.  I placed a piece of watercolor paper in the MISTI and then lined up the stamps on the paper.   I inked all the images up with VersaMark watermark ink, stamped and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors to color each image with the colors from Color Throwdown.  The thanks is from the MFT Thanks & Hello die set.  I die cut it three from a light gray cardstock and adhered them together.  Once the panel was dry I trimmed it down and then adhered the die cut.   I added a few clear sequins to finish off the card.




The second card is for the following:  Freshly Made Sketches and Where Creativity Meets C9.  The theme this month at Where Creativity Meets C9 is love.  I love the pretty heart wreath die from the Layers of Love die set and I wanted to use it for my card.  The papers I used are from the My Mind's Eye On Trend 2 6x6 pad.  I cut down a piece to fit a card front and then die cut it with the wreath die.  I die cut the little floral piece from some gold embossed paper from the pad and adhered it along with some C9 gold sequin trim to the heart.  The sentiment is from the C9 Layer of Love stamp set.   Stamped the sentiment on a strip of white cardstock and then adhered on along with a strip of the gold embossed paper.  I adhered the panel to a white cardstock base using foam adhesive.  Added a few little enamel hearts to finish the card that I think will be perfect for a wedding.
Hope you have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, PTI kraft, SSS fog, and Ranger watercolor paper; Stamps:  My Favorite Things and Concord & 9th; Dies:  My Favorite Things and Concord & 9th; Inks:  VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMark watermark ink; Filigree white embossing powder; Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye; Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins, C9 sequin trim; My Mind's Eye enamel hearts; Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors



11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful cards Rosemary! That sure is a pretty heart die!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Rosemary - just love the leaves with washes of color and the heart wreath looks amazing!!

Canonbury creations said...

Two fabulous cards Rosie, love the pretty heart die and the first one reminds me of a treasured collection. Love the colour combo.
Val x

Greta said...

Oh wow--you're on a roll, Rosemary--fabulous cards! The first is really neat--perfect for the challenges! Oh my goodness--the second one is a stunner & the winner if I was voting!

TK said...

Both cards are just gorgeous! Love the greenery and watercolors, but the pink heart is just as gorgeous!

Petra Swart said...

Love the beautiful leaves against the watercolouring, on the first card and the pretty papers on the second one, Rosemary!!! The second card is definitely great for a wedding!!!! Both lovely!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Vickie Z said...

Great cards!! Love how you used the MFT sketch and our CTD colors! So glad you joined us!

Wanda Cullen said...

I always love your work and you totally rocked the throwdown colors this week! Thanks for joining us in the challenge!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Rosemary! The cut out heart is such a great look! So happy to see you at FMS.

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful cards, Rosemary! Those colors are a great combination with those leaves, and that pink and gold is so elegant! Perfect wedding card!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Rosemary!! I love how you have the die cut coming off the edge. Super cleaver and pretty. Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge.