"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, February 16, 2017

wishing you..

Hello!!  Popping in with another card for the PTI past, present and future challenges that have been going on all this week.  This card uses one of the stamp sets that was featured for 2010... Year of Flowers: Sweet Peas.  I fell in love with YoF: Sweet Peas the minute I saw it and I still love it today!!  I stamped the image on watercolor paper using VersaFine Smoky Gray ink.  I used my mini MISTI so I could get a good impression.  I then colored it with my trusty ZIG clean color markers.  I used to shades of light pink and a yellow for the flowers and then two shades of a green for the leaves.  Once the image had dried I die cut it with the large scalloped die from the Nostalgic Notions Make it Market kit.  The sentiment also from YoF:  Sweet Peas was stamped on PTI's vellum using VersaMark and then embossed with white embossing powder.  I die cut the sentiment with a fishtail banner die and then adhered it to the image along with a PTI Sweet Blush button and twine embellishment.  Layered the piece on a die cut piece of pink cardstock and then adhered to a light gray cardstock base.    I'm going to add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use flowers.

Hope you have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI vellum, watercolor paper; SSS Fog, SU! pink; Stamps:  PaperTrey Ink; Dies:  PaperTrey Ink and AJVD; Filigree white embossing powder; Inks:  VersaFine, VersaMark; Watercolor ink:  ZIG Clean Color markers; PTI button; white twine

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is soft, lovely and very feminine Rosemary!

Canonbury creations said...

So pretty Rosie, beautifully coloured and I love the vellum strip with the button and twine. Who doesn't love sweet peas!!
Val x

TK said...

Soft and gorgeous -- it's easy to see why you love the Sweet Pea!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--one of my favorites, Rosemary! Soft, feminine, gorgeous--perfectly watercolored!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, those sweet-peas are soooooo beautiful, Rosemary and I love the scallops and the cute button!!!! Lovely card!!!!
Hugz

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary! It's so elegant & pretty. I love how you have added the vellum sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx