"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 25, 2017

pti february blog hop...

Hello!!  Hopping along today with the PTI February blog hop.  Initially I didn't think I would play along as I really struggled with the inspiration photo, but the gold embossed laurel wreath in the photo just kept saying "use Lovely Laurels mini make it market kit" to me so here I am, lol!!  This card is pretty simple looking but boy oh boy did it give me a lot of trouble!!   I started by stamping the wreath in watermark ink and them embossing with gold embossing powder.  Then the image was die cut with the matching die.  Then I stamped the sentiments with watermark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder for that tone on tone look.  Because I am a crazy perfectionist I actually die cut the bow then stamped the image on some cardstock that is similar to PTI's Autumn Rose with watermark ink and clear embossed it.  That was a bit of a trick because the bow is so tiny and my heat tool kept blowing it around!  Anyway... got it done!!  I die cut the panel down and then adhered the bow and some clear rhinestones.  I didn't want to use a white cardstock base as the contrast is too stark to me, but honestly I was kinda over making the card (just being real, lol!!) and just wanted to finish the card and get it posted.   Also going to add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.



Have a wonderful day and enjoy the hop!!
Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Smoky Shadow; SU!; white; Stamps:  PTI; Dies:  PTI, AJVD; Ink:  VeraMark watermark ink; Gold and Clear embossing powders; clear rhinestones

25 comments:

victoria h said...

beautiful and sophisticated card

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Perfect take on the inspiration photo, Rosemary - just love what you did with that wreath!!

Skrater said...

Beautiful card! I need to get out my Lovely Laurels kit after seeing this. Thanks for sharing!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

This is terrific Rosemary. Great take on the photo.

Karen said...

Beautiful card, and a wonderful interpretation of the inspiration piece. I wish I'd purchased Lovely Laurels!

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Rosemary! Lovely card!

Karren said...

I'm so glad you listened to the photo and made a card because this is amazing! So striking and elegant.

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful! Love the clear embossing powder for the sentiment!

paperkicks said...

Beautiful wreath and I especially love the black embossed sentiment! Gorgeous!

Greta said...

I so love that laurel--glad to see it in action! Simply beautiful, Rosemary & the white doesn't look like too much contrast to me!

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful! The sweet design really makes everything POP! Especially the delicate bow :)!

Natasha said...

What a beautiful card!!

Petra Swart said...

Your card ended up looking just great, Rosemary!!!! The wreath is so beautiful and it looks so wonderful against the dark bg!!!!! Love the clear embossing on the dark and the white frame on the outside!!! Fabulous, my friend!!!!
Have a great Sunday!!!!
Hugz

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is so adorably sweet.

Anita in France said...

So stylish, Rosemary ... and so elegant! Smiling at your account of the flying bow ... wasn't it worth it though, it's such a perfect addition to that gorgeous gold wreath! Hugs, Anita :)

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Rosemary! Your wreath is stunning in gold and I love the sentiment in the tone on tone embossing! :0)

Diana K said...

Almost unbearably perfect, Rosemary! Love how simple and clean and crisp and beautiful you went. You always amaze me!

~amy~ said...

Absolutely Lovely!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!

Jacquie Southas said...

CAS perfection!

Kathy Mc said...

Great minds think alike, Rosemary, as we both used the Lovely Laurels wreath and gold embossed it. Your card is lovely!

Kara Lynne said...

So pretty, Rosemary! The tone on tone sentiment is so elegant!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a beautiful and elegant CAS design Rosemary!! Wonderful card!

Kari D said...

So glad you played along! LOVE your use of the Laurel Wreathe. And the scripty sentiment takes your card right over the top. Lovely.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby